Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait command
Is there another way, other than wait 2, to make sure the window I'm opening (which has a button) is ready for the mouse action "left Click", I have a macro that is calling 8 diff funtions. In the properties I have the wait box checked and created & active. I have tried changing the creative & active to the other options. It seems using the wait command slows down the macro.

Does wait 2, wait the full 2 seconds?
Does wait only wait till its ready?

Signed NOOBIE teaching herself.
wait 2
waits exactly 2 seconds. You need to wait for some condition. When you look at the window while it is loading, what changes (visually) when it is fully loaded? If something changes, the macro could wait for that. Easiest probably would be to wait for image (QM 2.1.7 and later).
Gintaras Wrote:Easiest probably would be to wait for image (QM 2.1.7 and later).

Ok like I said Noobie I tried wait for image an got unexpected identifier with the word for hi-lighted im using 2.1.6, I went to the web page and can not find 2.1.7, just beta 2.1.8, would rather not use a beta since im just learning.
that's the only version available. if you want that capability, you'll have to upgrade (for free).

i've been running 218 since alpha and it's really tight code so don't worry about that.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
ken gray Wrote:that's the only version available. if you want that capability, you'll have to upgrade (for free).

i've been running 218 since alpha and it's really tight code so don't worry about that.

ok maybe i'll try it, but before I DL it, can someone tell me if 2.1.8 will still run all of my macros made with 2.1.6?
yep. that was only a prob between v1 and v2.

The Macro Hook
OK, Dl 2.1.8 added the wait for image, and still got error unexpected identifier, with for hi-lighted
show the macro, and the word that is selected on error
wait for image

unexpected identifier...for is hi-lighted
don't understand it literally Smile

To insert the command, use the "Find image" dialog. In the dialog, select "Wait for image".
Gintaras Wrote:don't understand it literally Smile

To insert the command, use the "Find image" dialog. In the dialog, select "Wait for image".

Well to some this may sound very easy, But when responding to a macro noobie, it would be helpful for a little more infomation, after reading the help files on the dialog box, over and over and over again, I am completely lost. Seeing that the help files were written for the macro knowledgable. Thanks anyway for your reply.
on that floating toolbar that shows up when you open the editor, click the one "Windows, controls, menus" on that you will fined one entitled "Find Image". just fillout the info there and it will put it all into the macro that you are currently editing.

The Macro Hook
Thank you for the directions, I found it, but it seems to be quit a bit slower than using the wait 2.
If you are scanning for the right image in your wait command it should go faster if it finds it quicker...

If you want to look into a function i wrote especialy to find images in screen to help you understand things a little bit more you might want to look at the complete code i posted in my post:
scan function in wait command

Hope that helps you a little more...
Well thats all for now, 3M