Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locking only folders, and everything under it.
I was thinking, yes still lol, and i thought about even more securing shareware macros.
If it would be posible to lock folders like you can lock a whole file it would be very nice feature.
Then you can distribute a macro file which has public accessible, and editable, parts and parts that are protected from listing/viewing etc.

Ofcourse this needs to take into account that it should still be posible to update parts in that protected folderspace when you implement that "patch" functionality i mentioned earlier in this forum...
(Maybe check passwords in patch file and compare to passwords of folder etc in file tobe patched...)

I think momentarily only, partialy, posibility for this is to use 2 seperate macro files where one includes the other as shared file?
Or will QM then still need the password to access the locked file from the first unprotected file?
Well thats all for now, 3M
Why shareware macros are so popular? Downloaded 347 times. Shouldn't people use normal programming languages to make and sell normal programs?
hahahaha
Well yes people could do that also, if they have a real IDE, and dont mind the cost and knowledge needed...

Another reason why people like shareware macros is perhaps because most of the real coding is done by the macro program and not their macro...

Yet another reason i think is because most users tend to trust macros more as real exe applications, because you dont have complete full access to CPU posibilities with a macro language...

For me personaly i just like to learn new programming languages :wink:
while still sharing what i make if its usable to others....
Although knowing too many languages makes one get confused more often and make more errors :lol:
Well thats all for now, 3M
Hello,

Along these lines, I think it would be great if one could "compile" code into a ".qmx" , not qml, but some file that is a binary file that only the qm editor can read and run. Let's say that it would not actually open up the editor fully, nor would a person need the full qm editor to run, or even better, simply a run a qm execution engine to execute the macro, akin to Adobe's Acrobat Reader. You cannot create pdf files with that program, but you can read them.

And, I know that using QM, I have been able to do a lot of programming in a shorter time, than say with C# or VB. I like that QM handles many tasks for me.

Anways, these are my thoughts on the matter.

El Brooks
I am also thinking about compiled macro files (eg qmx) and compiled macro executables (exe).
Hello,
i'm evaluating QuickMacros, and i found it really speed in doing some stuf !
When one compile it's macro, what is exactly done under the hood ?
Do you build a memory compiling to binary, bytecode, or what ?

About the price and upgrade policy, is it true that all update and upgrades are free when you bought a license ?

Listening to this forum, i agree those wanted you to create .exe it would be greate.

Thank's for your great tool !

Dominique
Compiling:
- checks for errors;
- declares (remembers) all globals (loads dlls, type libraries, creates global variables, etc);
- converts text to binary code that is stored internally. It is not native code, but is interpreted much faster than text.

Quote:About the price and upgrade policy, is it true that all update and upgrades are free when you bought a license ?
True.
Thank's for the answer...

So as i've read on the forum, it's on your plan to let QuickMacro be able to build a final
.exe soon ?

If so, count me as a new customer . . . Smile

Thank's

Dominique
Yes, now I am working on that, and next QM version will make exe macros.
Ok, thank's for the answer.

My order as been done.

Dominique
I'm always waiting for New Qm

Great Job. Thx Gintaras..