Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very strange problem
I have a macro that is triggered by the L key on a second keyboard. I have been using it for about a month now. In the past couple of days it has been triggering spontaneously and randomly. I can't figure out what is causing it. Does anyone have any troubleshooting ideas. The keyboard itself seems to work fine.
Matt B
is that macro referenced anywhere else? could it be getting called via a function or another macro maybe left over during testing?
do a search for the name in the macro texts (ctl-f in the qm editor) and see if it's anywhere else. send over your trigger code as well.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
No references from anywhere else, that was actually my first thought. I change dthe code to reduce the annoyance but still alert me to the trigger. I also started the event logger in the QM output window, but without knowing what to filter out, I really couldn't track it down. Also I have other 2nd keyboard triggers and they are unaffected.
Matt B
Other info: I don't know why I haven't noticed it before, but just before the trigger, I hear the common "hardware connected", then "disconnected" audio cues from windows. The extra keyboard I'm using is PS2 so windows doesn't generate those cues with it. Unplugging and replugging it doesn't recreate the trigger.
Matt B
maybe the keyboard is wonky...try setting it to another letter and see if it still is going off.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook