Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New type of file.
Basically a way to completely eliminate the need for any kind of "additional -on the side files" needed to run the macro compiled into exe. In my case I manage to add image.bmp's using the :1 image.bmp to exe but i have a folder with dozens of files in *.txt format that macro uses to store information and manipulate with it. I tried to use macros /functions as a way to store that data but set.macro wouldn't compile to exe. So now i'm out of ideas. And those additional "intermediary" files (in *.txt format) are necessary for my macro to work as it needs a place to store text, numbers ect. while it's working and do stuff with it down the timeline.

Idea is to add a new type of file that can be used to store information (text, numbers, whatever). These files would change as the macro.exe runs and stay changed after the execution.

I know this may or may not be possible or useful to many users but for me it would be huge.

Thank you Smile
New type of QM items? I'm not sure it is possible in exe without any external files. When exe is executing, its file is locked and cannot be modified. Also it possibly will be in Program Files or other folder where exe cannot write if runs not as admin. Also you may need separate data files for each user of that computer. Also you may sign your exe in the future. Will need separate file for data anyway. Possible to add all data to a single file.

It can be a Sqlite database file. Then need sqlite dll, but possible to add it to exe. Need some SQL learning, but it will be useful in future not only with QM.
Or an XML file. If data will not be very big.
Or registry. If data will not be big and don't need to use the data as a file.

You can add initial file to exe, if want. Extract somewhere when exe runs first time. Then use the extracted file.

Maybe I'll create a class to make it easier.
Thank you for the reply. I started looking into XML and it looks promising, dow ill need to learn some more how to effectively use it with the macro Smile Sql looks hard to me at a first glance but also going to give it a shot.