Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM navigation — Enter — inconveniences
When editing an item's name and press Enter the program sets focus to the code editor, although you might wanted to keep working at the items list, e.g. rename several items.

Also when you are navigating with the Up and Down arrow keys in the Find pane results and press Enter the program sets focus in the editor without opening the item you had selected. How can I open it using the keyboard?
Memory: 1024 MB (1016 MB system + 8 MB video)
Virtual Memory: 2.00 GB
CPU: 1.60 GHz
When renaming you can Ctrl+Enter. This Enter behavior was invented to make faster creating new macro. You create new macro, type its name, press Enter and already can write code.

In the Find results currently cannot open items with keyboard. Maybe in the future. Is it really important?
Ctrl+Enter doesn't seem to be mentioned in help (QM keyboard shortcuts), you might want to add it. Right now I don't think I can think of a faster alternative of this (Enter) which would also be practical, but generally in applications Enter is a "dangerous" key for navigation (just an opinion though); you have to be careful (for obvious reasons) about what is focused and/or where the cursor is before you press it. Something is telling me I'm writing something stupid right now Smile , but maybe Shift without a combination could be an alternative.

Gintaras Wrote:In the Find results currently cannot open items with keyboard. Maybe in the future. Is it really important?

If I manage to substitute this with a macro, I don't mind it so much (I will probably have to "bother" you or the other users for some part of the code, in another thread). But, otherwise, when you use the keyboard and you want to choose a result, you have to leave the keyboard, do one :!: click with the mouse, and then go back to the keyboard to continue writing. Then, when you need to choose another one you have to repeat this.
Ctrl+Enter is not a QM shortcut. Like always, if Enter or Tab does not work as you want, try with Ctrl or Shift.
In next QM, Enter will work as expected in the Find pane. Anyway, you can focus the code editor with Alt+Right.
Thank you.