Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Members, type as you find when dot pressed: match all
Regarding this functionality:
When you type dot (.) somewhere in text (for example, at the beginning of a line), appears list of functions and other identifiers that you can use.

If you press the dot and then start typing the results are based on exact match as what is being typed by the user.
Example of what I mean by this: If there are functions called:
- test_123
- test_456
- this_is_a_test

When you start press dot and then type "test" only the first 2 are found (test_123 and test_456) and everything that does NOT contain "test" is filtered out.

My request:
Can it be made possible to match everything that contains what the user typed.
Example, using the above example case: When the user types "test" all three functions are found.
Maybe use the comma (or other key?) for this?

To top this request off, add one or both of the below:

1) add [CTRL] , [SHIFT], [ALT] modifiers which can be set by the user self.
What I mean by this, the user could create a function "ListMemberInit" with a case structure.
So the user can specify in the "ListMemberInit" function when [CTRL] is pressed when selecting something from the list member results, "this" should be executed.
"this" being any code the user wants. The "ListMemberInit" should receive the clicked/selected result from list member results.

2) if "1" is to much to implement, maybe this: When the user presses up/down to to navigate through the list member results, show the content of the selected item below in the output pane.

The goal of all of this: If you can't quite remember how that function exactly was named, it saves you going through the search. You press the comma (or other key) and start typing and go up/down the list (if the extra option number 2 is implemented).

I can imagine due to time restrictions because of maintenance or possible new release you can not implement this (if possible).
Yes, this is for the future. The first part is how Visual Studio intellisense works, and it's much better than QM now. The 1 and 2 also are interesting.