Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tasker to QM communication?
I use Tasker http://tasker.dinglisch.net/on my Android phone *a lot*. It's basically QM for Android. If anyone else is familiar with it, can you think of a way for Tasker to communicate with QM? Such as QM does with the "net" command.

Tasker has GET and POST commands.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt B
I use tasker as well. you can do things like email or sms triggers but I dont think the 'net' will work because that's a qm thing.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
is it possible with tasker to send keys?
i would like to bypass the teamviewer app confirmation dialog for contacting directly.

gintaras possibly could tweak the socket server example for making it easy to send kind of command line.
once you know the target ip it should be easy.
or?
pi
This works with my phone. You'll have to be rooted though.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... JhmfxT2mj8
Matt B
WOW!! but what does locale have to do with this? I thought that was for location based triggers.

The Macro Hook
Locale Execute allows Locale to run Linux commands. It works with Tasker as well, with or without Locale.
Matt B
SOLVED:
Using a combination of Tasker, AutoRemote, and Quick Macros, I can now push messages between my Android phone and Quick Macros in order to run "Tasks" on the phone and "Macros" on the PC, remotely.
AutoRemote handles the messaging.

Uses so far:
*Clipboard syncing
*Send media keys (Play, Prev, etc) to a HTPC from a widget/shortcut(s) on the home screen. (Other apps can do this too)
*More to come....
Matt B
NICE...I was wondering if you could run Tasker with the sms triggers.
im doing something like that with my laptop and workstation via Outlook emails.

The Macro Hook
Yeah, SMS triggers work, I use them on other Tasks, but I was looking for something more responsive. Done! On a LAN, the delay using AutoRemote is minimal, across the web on a 3G network, it is under 1 second.
Matt B
SOLVED (better):
I figured out this past weekend the TcpSocket commands Gintaras created respond to 'GET' commands. So you can send a ‘GET’ command using Tasker or a shortcut on iOS to interact with QM.
Matt B
Sorry to kick this old topic up.

itsjustmatt Wrote:SOLVED (better):
I figured out this past weekend the TcpSocket commands Gintaras created respond to 'GET' commands. So you can send a ‘GET’ command using Tasker or a shortcut on iOS to interact with QM.

@itsjustmatt (or anyone else who has experience with tasker interacting with QM)
Could you give an example of the code in tasker on who to run an QM item (macro, function,...)

I just started with tasker and I have a very basic understanding of how to use tasker (and a basic understanding of variables in tasker).
Would love to know how to let tasker communicate with QM (if possible).
As far as I understood, it is possible without eventghost and without autoremote (when using 'GET' in tasker?)
(I have also have autoremote installed)
Sending commands from Android+Tasker to QM