You can record keys, mouse clicks, mouse movements.
To start recording, click the Record button on the toolbar, or press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+R.
To end recording, click Insert or ... button in QM Recording window.
Recording options in the 'QM recording' window
The check boxes:
- Keys - record keyboard events (key).
- Mouse - record mouse clicks (lef, rig, mid, dou).
- Drag - record mouse movements while a mouse button is pressed
- Move - record mouse movements while mouse buttons are released
(mou). Mouse movements before the first and after
the last other event are not included.
- "text" - convert text key codes to characters. For example, when you type "New York", it records '"New York". If unchecked, records key codes: 'SnewVSyork (here S is Shift, V is Spacebar). However in some cases may record incorrect characters, because the active window interprets the keys differently.
- Images - when recording mouse clicks, take screenshots (small images) to display in the code editor. More info.
Mouse coordinates relative to - select what coordinates to record - relative
to window, control (child window) or screen. If window, in most cases records client area coordinates, as it is more reliable.
- Fast - don't record pauses. The macro will run reliably in most cases, but sometimes you should insert wait or change macro speed (spe).
- Slow - same as Fast, but adds opt slowkeys and opt slowmouse. The macro will run slower.
- Real - record pauses, except between most
- Variable - record pauses (same as Real), multiplied by a variable F. You can change F value to change
macro speed. For example, to run macro 4 times faster, set F=0.25.
The Insert and ... buttons:
- Insert - insert the recorded code in current macro, at current position.
- Replace all text - replace current macro text with the recorded code.
- Create new macro - create new macro with the recorded code.
- Replace text of macro "temp" - open or create macro named
"temp", and replace its text with the recorded code. Can be used
to record temporary macros.
How to quickly record single command
You can use the following ways to insert a single command at any time. Don't need to start recording mode.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+W. It is a global hotkey, can be changed in Options. You can record win, child/id, wait, act or lef. It records window/control/coordinates from mouse.
- To record menu commands (men), click menu Tools -> Record
Menu, and then click the menu item you want to record.
- To insert file path or Internet link (run,
web), drag it from desktop, Start Menu, folder window or web browser.
- To insert "run macro" command (mac), drag that QM item (macro, menu, etc)
from the list.