A trigger is an event (e.g. hotkey) that causes the macro to run.
Active triggers - select what trigger types are enabled when QM is
in "enabled" state (blue tray icon) and when in "disabled"
state (gray icon).
- Triggers of "QM events" type are always enabled.
- If you uncheck "Autotext lists", all autotext lists will not work, regardless of trigger.
Use low-level hook - usually makes triggers more reliable.
Also, triggers will work in console windows on all Windows versions.
- Keyboard - used with keyboard triggers. Allows you to steal hotkeys from Windows (Win+F, etc) and applications. However it may be incompatible with QM extensions that use direct input or raw input.
- Mouse - used with mouse triggers. Uncheck if you notice that mouse pointer occasionally stops moving.
- Other - used with window and accessible object triggers. Normally should not be checked. Try to check if you notice incompatibility of some kind with some applications. If checked, "destroyed" triggers are unreliable.
Mouse sensitivity - adjust the required amplitude and speed of mouse movement triggers.
System - open the system Mouse Properties dialog.
- Recommended mouse
pointer and hardware settings: average or high speed, no acceleration or low
acceleration, average or high sample rate.
Autotext list: additional non-delimiter characters - additional non-delimiter characters used with autotext lists.
- Default characters are all alphanumeric characters.
- For example, if you want to add _ and #, enter _# in this field.