Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use LA to compile LA source files
I mentioned this issue in a previous post.  

I don't have VS installed on my computer, but sometimes I need to compile LA source files, for example, to solve the issues mentioned in the post below regarding localized text and modifying URLs(These two functionalities are essential for me.).  
https://www.quickmacros.com/forum/showth...8#pid38048

It would be great if there were a CS script that could automate this process.

PS: I haven't yet located the code that needs to be modified. I will try searching for the current keyword text.
For localized text need to modify C++. Need VS. LA can only compile its C# part.
Modifying search URLs: Options > Other.

Compiling LA with LA. Not recommended, because you would have to reapply modifications after updating LA sources.
Thanks for your explanation.  
I also noticed on GitHub that part of the LA source code is in C++.  
Is it the `AuCpp.dll` file?
Can I use some tools to modify exe resources to change the localized text and links?
The "install .NET" strings are in Au.AppHost project, which creates Au.AppHost.exe, which is used as a template for any LA-compiled .exe. The Publish tool instead uses a similar template apphost exe from the dotnet folder. In any case, you can try to edit the final (your) .exe file. The strings can be found in it. I can't recommend a tool that can do it. A simple hex editor likely would just damage the file.
I think it's really necessary to add a runtime installer as shown in the picture below:  
https://i.ibb.co/R6HK1kc/A.png
A. It should be located in the installation directory of LA.  
B. After installing LA, if the runtime requirements are not met when launching LA, this installer should automatically open.  
C. When the NuGet tool in LA is unavailable, this program should also automatically open.
D. This program allows customization of localized text, modification of links, and more, This program is compiled using the system's built-in
Code:
Copy      Help
csc.exe
and is based on the .NET Framework 4
E. For programs compiled in LA using the compile button, this installer could also be placed in the same directory, and it should automatically open if the runtime requirements are not met.  
This would make all issues simple and quick to resolve.  
These issues might not be a problem for experienced developers, but for those new to programming or LA, it would be very user-friendly.