Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using WEB COMMAND on Firefox
I am running Firefox as default browser. According to the help file, I have to change the run time options, which I did:

web: default browser window class to "rctrl_renwnd32"

vName is a variable. I have a list of website saved in notepad. The macro goes down the list and find the things I need and save them back. The problem is, it keeps opening multiple tabs. Is there a way to open the link into the existing tab like it does in IE?

The code that I am using is:
web vName 1
For Firefox don't have to change QM options.

Firefox does not have a command line to open URL in current tab.
The best that i found: http://superuser.com/questions/138298/f ... mmand-line
Or look for a FF add-on.

It is possible to create a function that would use Firefox address bar for it.

Or close current tab before opening new.

QM function web cannot wait in Firefox. Look for function FirefoxWait in this forum.
I have to change QM options otherwise, it did not work. That worked on one computer but not the other, we have two.

Please see screen shots comparing both computers. The window class is not showing up on the second computer...Firefox is also the default browser.

Attached Files Image(s)

COMPUTER 2

Attached Files Image(s)

web() can only open web page in Firefox, nothing more. All other options work only with IE and IE-based browsers.
The option is only for IE-based browsers. It is not used with Firefox. The class is of some other window, not Firefox.
Gintaras Wrote:web() can only open web page in Firefox, nothing more. All other options work only with IE and IE-based browsers.
The option is only for IE-based browsers. It is not used with Firefox. The class is of some other window, not Firefox.

That is the problem, the url is still opening on IE and not Firefox even if that is the default browser.

To test further, I have removed IE completely, then ran the macro again. It gave me "web" error message.

I do not understand why the macro works only on one computer. Both computers have same version of QM and Firefox.
With Firefox, web() and run() are the same.

run "http://........"