The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find and copying text...
Hey,

Been working with qm for a little bit and have caught on with some parts of it...

Trying to automate an item.

I have some data which I'd like to extract that will begin and end with a certain set of characters such ==Info== The start and end of each of these seperators will be encased with a date stamp and a username. It will be inbetween plenty of data seperated with the same date stamp and username.

It may be like this:

01/01/2010 00:10 (A1A):
==Info==
Text I'd like
==Info==
01/01/2010 00:00 (A1A):

The text is expected to be different between this markers each time the macro runs.

I suspect I'd be looking to use a regular expression (pattern) of sorts? but not sure how I would extract that text for later use?

Do I need to figure out some logic to copy everything around it and delete what I don't want (maybe in a notepad window) or can the macro do it all?

What I may then to do to catch errors if the pattern isn't found is prompt the user to highlight the required text then click resume to pick up from a new point to get it copied.

Would I need to use the (pattern) item?

Any help appreciated.

Messages In This Thread