Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with a particular VBA macros operation
I have just begun experimenting with macros and have been finding it useful. I just discovered a way to run a macro to identify particular values/text through out a worksheet and highlight the cell that it is in.

For Each c In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:K10000")
If c.Value = "39015" Then
c.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End If

Next c

Here is what I need help with. I need to know how to have macros scan the worksheet for a particular item description and input a value in the cell directly to the right of it. The value could appear in any cell in various locations so I cannot refer to a specific cell.

Here is an example:

I would like to locate value/text "3060 SH GRID"
......(happens to end up in B7)
then Input "100" in Cell C7

please help
Is it related to Quick Macros? Anyway, I cannot help you too.
you can find a lot of excel related topics in the forum.

SearchSearch
http://www.quickmacros.com/forum/search.php
pi
Its actually visual basic / excel macro. I only came here to ask because I figured someone here might know it. There aren't very many places to go for help.

Sorry for my outburst. I'm feeling a little frustrated.
Thanks for the direction guys. Still if there is anyone that knows this exact operation and could post it, that would be awesome. I would think that this would be a common operation as it has to do with pricing on a spreadsheet. I have a sliver of programming knowledge and an even smaller programming vocabulary... so searching for what I am looking for could prove to be quite difficult.
I am unable to locate any help on the topic using the forum search. If anyone uses Excel spreadsheets for pricing operations, please let me know if there is another way to do this other than my earlier request.

What I am looking for is an operation that identifies a product name or number in any cell of the worksheet and jumps to the cell directly to the right and inputs the price I have attached to that product name or number.

Can anyone correct this?

Problem:

For Each c In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:K10000")
If c.Value = "Car 2" then
ActiveCell.Offset (0, 1).c.Value = "234"
End If

Next c