Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test window state, don't know how
Hello everybody

I am really new to Macro programming and I am having difficulty understanding regular expressions and such.

I use Mail Washer to screen SPAMs before running my e-mail client. I want to automate it so that once it stops filtering, the SPAMs will be automatically deleted.

So, I have attached two images. "before" is before the filtering is completed; and "after" is after filtering has been completed. The difference lies in a line of text in the middle, saying "mail was last checked...ago". I want to test the presence of this string and if it's present, then the macro will proceed to the next stage, if not, then it loops back.

I don't understand what is meant by "handles", "child windows" and "regular expressions". So I'm having a hard time doing this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Nee Sung[/img] Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

QM cannot get text from most parts of MailWasher window. Instead, macro can wait for image. To insert the command, use the "Find Image" dialog, and select "Wait for image" in it.

Code:
Copy      Help
key F5
wait 0 S "enabled spam tools button.bmp" win("MailWasher Pro" "TMailWasherCommercialForm")
mes "completed"