Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd party sdks
i'm trying to do some sdk level things to winamp and am having trouble trying to get it to "connect" to WA's code base. could you give me a an idea of how to hook up 3rd party api's to qm. WA's sdk is it c/c++.

would the process be similar for other sdk's from various software vendors?

thanks

site for sdk download
http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/winamp/sdk/
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php ... did=180297

Code:
Copy      Help
int hwnd=win("" "Winamp v1.x")
if(!hwnd) ret
SendMessage(hwnd WM_USER 15 121) ;;select track 15 (does not work)
SendMessage(hwnd WM_USER 0 102) ;;play (works)
WOW!!!
i must say my 30 second and 3 minute skip macros are now insanely more stable in videos!

i was able to find and get the menu button ids for the 5 second back and forward in their sdk (which i could have gotten from the menu item recording) but getting the time and then doing a plus 30 second or 3 min done "under the hood" really makes the transitions nice and smooth!

so, searching for the WM_USER, WM_COMMAND, and WM_COPYDATA abilities are the key for getting other products hooked up right? I'm really not very versed in the low-end programming and using qm to do this stuff is perfect (see multiple keyboards in qm Big Grin )

THANKS!!!!

The Macro Hook
Quote:so, searching for the WM_USER, WM_COMMAND, and WM_COPYDATA abilities are the key for getting other products hooked up right?

I don't think that many programs that can be controlled from other programs support messages. More common ways are COM (then you find the type library, ...) and command line.
Question about multiple keyboards. When keyboard detector is running, does BlockInput2 work? On my computers, if I use raw input (used by keyboard detector) or DirectInput, low level keyboard hooks (used by BlockInput2) do not work. Mouse hooks work.
BlockInput2 results:

1st mouse: no movement; no button action
2nd mouse: no movement; no button action; no triggered macros

1st keyboard: full keyboard access
2nd keyboacd: full access to UNASSIGNED keys; no triggering of macros with keys

The Macro Hook
Thanks. Next QM version will have options to use low level keyboard and mouse hooks for triggers, but I cannot find how low level keyboard hooks can be used together with keyboard detector. Unless they are running in separate processes.