Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
enum threads help
what i am trying 2 do is check 2 see how many instances of a function are running and then depeding on that number assign it 2 a global variable.

#1 CHECK to see if function 1 is running
#2 if it is find out how many function1's are running
#3 then for each # of function 1's running assign a variable ex b1,b2,b3,b4 ect

ultimately what i am trying 2 do is pass a up info about mutlipe windows 2 another function
here's how you can get all the threads running.

Display all threads
int i n=EnumQmThreads(0 0 0 0)
ARRAY(QMTHREAD) a.create(n)
for i 0 EnumQmThreads(&a[0] n 0 0)
out _s.getmacro(a[i].qmitemid 1)

but have you thought about this...when you start the function have it add 1 to a global variable; when it ends have it subtract 1 from that variable. then you can always have a count of how many are running.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
yeah i could do the global variable but i have alot of functions so that's alot of variables lol
i think it might be easier in my situation if i got all the threads and then lets say it found for example funtion 3 was running twice add 1 to a local variable for each time it was running
cause i am using a global 2 send info 2 another function already.
well, that code will get you to enumerate the threads at least.

The Macro Hook
have some further questions
i am using this code 2 check
Code:
Copy      Help
QMTHREAD* a._new(n)
for i 0 EnumQmThreads(a n 0 0)
,if _s.getmacro(a[i].qmitemid 1)="Function1"
,,int x
,,x+1
if x=1
,str+ cf
,cf=w1
if x=2
,str+ cf2
,cf2=w1
if x=3
,str+ cf3
,cf3=w1
if x=4
,str+ cf4
,cf4=w1
but i need it 2 do 2 more things
#1 when i stop the function reset the global variable used in the function
#2 next time the function is started need it 2 make sure that variable is not in use and if it is go 2 the next Variable
i also am trying this code as well
Code:
Copy      Help
QMTHREAD* a._new(n)
for i 0 EnumQmThreads(a n 0 0)
,if _s.getmacro(a[i].qmitemid 1)="Function2"
,,int x
,,x+1
sel x
,case 1
,str+ b
,b=w1
,case 2
,str+ b2
,b2=w1
,case 3
,str+ b3
,b3=w1
,case 4
,str+ b4
,b4=w1
ok hello guys i am new to the macro stuff i am really intrested in making 1 or 2 for anything at all lmao strange but that is me and i have been intrested in doing 1 for some time now but never got around to asking for help or doing it so i wonder if you could tell me where to go for help on making 1 or if any of you could help me do 1 please thank you

Dragonfire18368 ;D
ok i think i can figure out most of it just can't seem 2 be able 2 reset a global variable when the function ends
you can either clear the var as the last line of code before the function ends. or, have another function end it and have the new function set the gv to whatever you want.

The Macro Hook
ok can't seem 2 get this 2 work trying atend cf=0
to clear a string var you might try cf="" instead of "0".

The Macro Hook
i get this no matter what i do
Error in Function1: unexpected character.
ok this is the problem i am facing
i am trying 2 pass a variable 2 another function from a function.this function may be running 4 times or more. what i do is check the threads and see how many instances of the function are running,then assign a local variable for each 1.then i assign a global variable to the local variable so i ca pass it.That all works well.The problem is when i stop one of the function and start it again on another window it takes over a global variable already i use,which in turns causes a problem.
can post the main function code?

The Macro Hook
well, if it starts over again, it will use the same gv that's initialized at the top of the code.

is there another way to do what you are trying to do?
are you just tryng to keep track of how many are running?

The Macro Hook
what i am trying 2 do is pass a loca variable fom a function 2 another function.the main function could be running 4 or more times at once.What i am passing is the window handle to another function.