Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registring a macro.
Ok, my question is. How can you make a macro to register to one's computer.Such as if you are to put it in a zip file,And they open, and have it read the computer name. This is so file can not be passed on they need to git the zip file from a download link the you have provided.Please help.
kam should be able to help ya with that one ace!!! though i would like to see the anserw to this question myself!
yea me 2Smile)
ok ace420 , i hope this works for you!

first you need to make a compressed zip folder on your desktop, right click on your desktop , then click new ! then you will see compressed zip folder click on it ,then open the zip up ,then go to qm folder , open , don't open the mac file ! then just drag and drop the file of your choice in the zip , along with any of the icons you have made or used in the mac! now you can rename the zip folder to your liking! with the zip folder open right click in it and you will see add a password, well add one!!!
now your set to goto your choice of a host , like esnips open account and upload zip file to a folder. now it will give it an address like i.e. ace420macros@esnips whatever you get the idea! now when someone downloads the file they will have to get the password from you to open the zip!

hope this helps!!!
Hey I think what ACE means is like register to the persons computer to that macro or it wont work for that person and have to have the new version of qm. not a password to QM file or a compressed file
If I have gathered it correctly, you need protection for your macro the same way an application is protected (example - 30 days demo/ full...etc) ..

You could probably follow on the footsteps of how QM is registered as a Full version...

You can take the person's computer name and create an encoded string for a registry edit. When the macro runs you can get the current computer name and recreate the encoded string...if it matches , the macro runs else it exits.

This kind of protection is mostly used for exe's and not for macros/functions (which are codes in plain text and can be modified)
Im surf im working on this macro with ACE this is not what we mean we mean like when someone downloads it off enips.com or what ever I post it on it gives a registery to the computer so in 2months the macro will expire and it will not work untill they download our new version of that macro.

like for example they download it tonight I want the macro to expire a certin date and time so they can download my new file and use that one updated
I don't think its possible with a "macro" ...since its all plain text !
What you are wanting is not possible if i understand correctly... You want a macro to not work after a certain date or time you specify and therefore want them to download a newer version of the macro? The only thing i believe you may be able to do is set a time limit on the macro that after it runs for so long to shut off but the only thing is if they pause the macro then it will reset the timer... so i'm sorry to say that what you want to do i believe is impossible. Sad
This is not impossible ive seen it done with 3other macros before/
Well good luck, and if this can be done I would surely like to know see how.
You can predefine a date that any macro/function will stop working but what is the purpose? Considering this file is probably used for gaming; I would recommend you simply leave it open source because it's all been done before. I believe poker related questions are to be discarded. :lol:
Well what I have understand is that u want to distribute macro which should stop working after a fixed date (certainly limited by you on compilation to exe). So that after expiry one have to get newer version to work in future.

If this is the case you can take help from the Gintaras collection available on site and look for Shareware Macro. This macro is used for demo purpose. The code need to modify so that the demo is working till the fixed date and not for the number of days which is very simple. You must distribute your macro in exe format so that no one changes your and date settings.