Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.qml filesize limitation
(Version 2.3.1.9 of Quick Macros)
I added some new macros, which worked fine. Apparently, however, the .qml file was saved with practically everything discarded. This was shocking, since it occurred without any warning. I retrieved (and renamed) the previous contents from a recent .ZIP file, so I didn't lose anything except the new stuff. I then deleted the "Default" and "Samples" folders, which reduced the file size enough to let me re-enter the new macros and successfully save the new .qml file with its contents intact. (I also then saved it in a .ZIP file, of course.)

Question 1: Is there an exact limit to the size of a .qml file? (Seems to be a bit more than 32K bytes)

Question 2: When I upgrade to the new version (2.3.2), how much more space will the new features add to the size of the "System" folder, and how will that affect the size available for saving my macros and menus?
My current .qml file is 1.2MB and I'm sure I have bigger files than that elsewhere and have never had troubles.

I have had troubles when doing file maintenance where I moved the default file. When I open QM it was havoc! Had to jump through some hoops there, but got it back with only a little trouble.
Sometimes it happens on power off while QM is saving file.
Maybe it is a bug. If you have more info for debugging...
In any case, look for your recent macros in Backup folder. You can open it through Options dialog, Files tab.

There is no qml file size limitation. Depends only on available memory, but normally should work with files smaller than 100MB.
In QM 2.3.2 everything is the same. In future versions probably will be used safer storage.

System folder is loaded from separate file. System.qml, ~880KB.