Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sharing variables in an application folder
ok was trying another idea.i put the macros in a folder made that chaged the folder pros 2 application.Now it says locxal variables can be used in other functions in that folder but i can't seem 2 get it 2 work.
Variables of first function can be used in other functions, but only in same thread. If you start other functions using mac, these variables in them cannot be used. Generally, using app folders now is not recommended.
ok now i see why i didn't work i had a trigger assigned 2 the other function.ok theni ask u this ? How can i pass a local var 2 another function without making it global.what i am trying 2 do is pass the window handle 2 another function 2 deal with a pop-up window that comes up from time 2 time when called in the code.see i need it 2 be specific because different actions are taken on thise window depending on the function that is running or where in the function it is opened
How the function is called:

Function

or

mac "Function"

?
well right now i just have it on a trigger
Then must be used global variable.
ok then my next question is this
how can i get it 2 assign a different variable for each time that function is running and when that functions ends destroy or reset that vari used in that function .
or would ot be easier 2 called the function directly from the main functionand pass the var then?
What is the purpose of the whole thing? Also post the code you have so far. With comments.
ok ty vm Gin i got it 2 work using by removing the trigger and calling it directly from the main function