Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System automation
I have a gas sensor system which I want to integrate so I don't have to spend hours running the system. The system has mass flow controllers and a program which controls how much amount of gas I want to flow through these contollers. One more program controls the switches for the valves so that I can flow certain gases. Another program controls the multimeter which measures the resisatnce across multiple channels.

What do I want? I want to know if quick macros can do the following!!!

I want to setup a program, which flows different gases at different flow rates.So I need the program to do this

step 1 flow 50% Gas1( set flow rate to 50% as well as turn on gas valve to flow 50% gas1)
step 2: flow 2% gas2 and 50% gas 1(set flow rate of gas2 to 2%, gas1 at 50%), open valve to flow both gases!!!

so i have plenty of steps like this and when the gas flow turns on, I need to tell the keithley to record data......and stop after I have gone through my gas pulses. Ia this possible on quick macros 2? Pleas elet me know if this is possible!!!
yes...probably....what is the interface like on your computer to control it?
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
It is possible, but if you've never used QM before or don't intend on using it for anything else you'd be better off with a PLC or using a dedicated computer running Visual Basic and Softwire http://www.adeptscience.co.uk/products/d.../softwire/.
I'm guessing the Kiethley uses a serial or ultrasonic interface?
Another solution is a microcontroller. If you give me some more data/constraints, I might be able to pull off a simple single chip solution. A one-off solution like this is normally quite expensive. I can do it cheap but not free.
Matt
Matt B