Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticky Window
Hi,
I would like to set up a little display window (like a post-it pad) which will keep some information that I have scraped and placed in several strings.
It should float in a corner of the screen on top of another appication.
I know how to set text into a file and know how to make a window "stay on top"
But I don't know of a good program which simply display a simple rectangular window with my text. Even notepad has a frame and a lot of menus showing.
Any suggestions for a good program that might do this
i.e. I would create my mixed variable and text string. Setfile it into the document of that app. Then open that app file into a window which I will then move to a certain position and keep it on top.

I don't know if there is a way to do this within QM - i.e. can QM generate a window with text? It seems that the message box and custom dialogs will be active until they are closed, thereby preventing any new macros from being run?

Thanks for any ideas.
Stuart
Since the amount of text to be displayed is larger than the amound of space available, it would be ideal to have a "shrink" function for such a window, just like for toolbars.
Is this possible for general text rather than for macros?

Stuart
you could build a dialog with just one text field in it and use that.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Import c:\program files\quick macros 2\installed files\samples2.qml and try ShowNote function. Maybe it is what you need. It is based on QM toolbars and therefore can auto shrink, can be attached to a window, etc.

Example
Code:
Copy      Help
str s="some text"
ShowNote "notename" s win("Quick Macros" "QM_Editor")
Thanks again for all your help!!!!
Stuart