Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mes delays
is there a reason why my mes dialogs pause for about a second or more? if so, is there a better way to code it so it wouldn't pause?

Code:
Copy      Help
if (mes("Archive these reports?" "Remove Dialog" "Y|N 2")='Y')
,out "y"
else
,out "n"
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Before or after?
the delay happens after i hit 'n' or 'y'.

The Macro Hook
When a message box is closed, it is possible that for several milliseconds there is no active window. Then subsequent commands could fail. For this reason mes waits for active window max 0.4 s. But if the delay is >=1 s, the reason must be other. Try in an empty qml file. Also try MessageBox function.

Does it happen in all macros? Only in QM 2.2.0?
when i load an 'empty' qml it works as it should.
i have one function that keeps message boxes on top "keep_msg_box_on_top" that i disabled to see it that did anything but it has no effect. would the 'keyboard_detector' or 'SMT_Main' slow it down?

my thread listing shows no other macros starting (but it may not if they are quick).

any other ideas?

The Macro Hook
Quote:my thread listing shows no other macros starting (but it may not if they are quick).

Also look in menu Edit -> Recent -> below separator.

How when QM is disabled? Also try to disable all trigger types in Options and restart QM.
when i disable the triggers, it works as expected.
still nothing in the 'recent' listing; it just shows 'Macro4' which is the one i'm using to test.

could it be the size of my qml? it's 581k.

The Macro Hook
Try to disable all trigger types and then enable 1 type, 2 types, and so on, until mes stops working properly. What trigger type it is? I think it could be mouse or accessible object triggers. Also review filter functions.
Ahh....now i see what you're wanting.

i ran through all the trigger types and it's the window type that's slowing it down.

The Macro Hook
Do you have 'window destroyed' triggers? Find it in My Macros. Try to disable some of them until mes begins to work well.
I only had 1 and actually deleted it but it hasn't fixed it.

i have quite a few window created macs and a few active. would it help to get rid of those as well?

The Macro Hook
i've gone through all the other triggers and disabled them but it's still acting up.
how do i check the filter functions?

The Macro Hook
I imagine the situation is as follows.

If using your normal qml file:
If window triggers are disabled in Options, or QM is disabled (gray tray icon), then mes works well. If window triggers and QM are enabled, then mes has a delay, even if all window-triggered macros are disabled.

If using empty file, then works well.

--

Also try this:
Open empty file and create one window-triggered macro. Does mes work well then? If yes, try other window trigger types (created, destroyed, active, etc).
How this?

Code:
Copy      Help
if MessageBox(0 "Archive these reports?" "Remove Dialog" MB_YESNO)=IDYES)
,out "y"
else
,out "n"
GOT IT!!!

i have a macro that sets the transparency when a certian window becomes inactive. even if it is disabled, it still slows the mes function. but, when i delete it, everything works great.

here's the trigger and mac code.

Code:
Copy      Help
_i=val(_command)
Transparent(_i 70)

!i"*Mozilla Firefox" "MozillaUIWindowClass" "" "" "" 0x2 /FIREFOX

The Macro Hook
Here the same. Inactive window trigger slows down mes. Only if QM is active. Will need to fix.
well, that was fun....um.....not at all 80)

glad we found it though.

The Macro Hook