Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statusbar - SB_SETTIPTEXT
i am struggling with this

lpszTooltip
Pointer to a character buffer that contains the new ToolTip text. ?

i do not understand what this means, i thought it was somethign liek this
SendMessage(id(16 hDlg) SB_SETTIPTEXT 0 "test")
SendMessage(id(16 hDlg) SB_SETTIPTEXT 1 "test1")
SendMessage(id(16 hDlg) SB_SETTIPTEXT 2 "test2")

also from my reading i had to set this when creating dialog
Function DEX_InitStatusBar
Code:
Copy      Help
SetWinStyle hsb SBT_TOOLTIPS 1

also if u could explain what the buffer is as i cant seem to make heads and tails.

or if i have it all wrong above, im wanting to set the tool tip text for each part of the statusbar
1. The control must be CREATED with SBT_TOOLTIPS style. SetWinStyle will not work. Look in statusbar what is SBT_TOOLTIPS value and add it in dialog definition. It is 0x800.

16 msctls_statusbar32 0x54000100 0x0 0 128 222 14 ""

-->

16 msctls_statusbar32 0x54000900 0x0 0 128 222 14 ""

2. Tooltip is displayed only if statusbar part text is too long, or if there is only icon. This code will add long text to parts 0 and 1, and icon to part 2:
Code:
Copy      Help
str p0="part 0"
str p1="part 1"
str sp.all(1000 2 32)
p0+sp
p1+sp
SendMessage hsb SB_SETTEXTA 0 p0
SendMessage hsb SB_SETTEXTA 1 p1

__Hicon-- hi2=GetFileIcon("$qm$\run.ico")
SendMessage(hsb SB_SETICON 2 hi2)

3. Your SB_SETTIPTEXT text code is correct.
1. what if statusbar text is changed. can tooltip still be displayed?
anyway to do this with out setting it to be too long if you have it called from a different function?

2. is thre a limit to how long or how short it can be. i.e. how long til it cant be displayed? how short is shortest for it to be displayed?
Everything you can do is documented in MSDN library.

Simply append 1000 spaces to any string that you show in statusbar.
yes, i have been looking plenty in msdn - I am only begining to understand, it does help me to a certain point, where everything is over my head. At times it does becoem clear after many readings, making sure what i am lookign at is the right thing and plenty of trial and error to go with it. Which i have done plenty of. Although i do use the Archive as a back drop. there is nothing better than tryign to solve on my own and reading all the exampels provided in this forum. There are times i feel ive done all that i can to solve.
i thank you for your time.and the help you provide
i took so long in replying i didnt even notice the changes u had made or qm_experts post.

thanks for your help once again it is working.