Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAM use
What's better to minimize RAM and CPU overhead? A windows trigger, a tim timer, or a rep loop? I just learned about the tim command today in the forum. I hope it or a rep loop is the answer to a problem that had me thinking maybe QM was just a memory hog. Here's my application:

My QM2.1.4 macro triggers when a running program throw an error popup window. The macro closes the popup and works around the error. Problem is, if QM and the macro are active for awhile, another error occurs due to lack of RAM space and I can't do anything. This happens all the time on the PII Win98 machine where this all has to run, but also sometimes it'll bring down my PIII WinXP 1MB RAM laptop that I use to write and test things.

If this macro or function checked every 3 seconds, that would be fast enough. So which method is least likely to cause RAM problems?
Each method, and especially window triggers, does not use much memory or CPU. Maybe the problem is in the macro.
You can really code a macro to choke off your system. i once coded one that looked at every pixel on the screen to look for a certian colour and just creamed the cpu (btw the spe was set to 0).
post it here and lets take a look...