Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network
If i know the Ip of another computer *MY second computer* can i make it run a function. and if so how? thank you very much for all your help
QM on computer2 must be running and allow to run macros from other computers (checked in Options -> Network). On computer1 use net function to run a function that is on computer2.
Gintaras Wrote:QM on computer2 must be running and allow to run macros from other computers (checked in Options -> Network). On computer1 use net function to run a function that is on computer2.
I have tried some sample macros from the forum posts already but cant get it to work. I want to run macro SVC1M on computer 2 from my computer. I changed all the network settings but idk why it wont work. Do you have an example i could use?
Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
int e=net("computer2" "password in qm options/network on computer2" "SVC1M")
if(e) mes- "net error %i. Look for error description in QM Help -> net." "" "x" e
Gintaras Wrote:Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
if(e) mes- "net error %i. Look for error description in QM Help -> net." "" "x" e
Thank you very much
AllQuestions Wrote:
Gintaras Wrote:Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
Thank you very much
Function Network2
Code:
Copy      Help
int e=net("XXX.XXX.X.XXX" "XXXXXX/8177" "SVC1M")

I AM GETTING ERROR 1 AND IDK WHY
Try to run ping.exe. What it says?

Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
run "ping" "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
it says wait timeout 100% fail
If ping fails then net also fails. Both use TCP/IP. The computer is not accessible.
Gintaras Wrote:If ping fails then net also fails. Both use TCP/IP. The computer is not accessible.

i had tried on several computers. and then i used it like this (run "ping" "mycomputerip") and it had worked