Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Sound Mixer
Anybody with any information for controlling windows audio mixer?

Examples:
Playback=>Audio Mixer=>Mute Line Out, Mute CD Player, and set Volume on Wave to a specific number.

Recording=>Select Stereo Mix+ Set Fader to certain value.

Thanks,
Jimmy Vig
Can use Windows API mixer functions. It is difficult. Completely different on Vista and XP. See SetAudioVolume sample in first topic in Resources subforum.

Easier way - find a COM (ActiveX) component. But most are not free. Some may not work on Vista.
Gint,

I was able to set using this in the SetAudioVolume function:

Code:
Copy      Help
MIXERCONTROLDETAILS mxcd.cbStruct=sizeof(mxcd)
    mxcd.dwControlID=18;;change around for right Mixer Slider or mute checkbox.
    mxcd.cChannels=1
    mxcd.cbDetails=sizeof(int)
    mxcd.paDetails=&vi;;0 will unmute and 1 will mute checkbox
    if(mixerSetControlDetails(0 &mxcd MIXER_OBJECTF_MIXER|MIXER_SETCONTROLDETAILSF_VALUE)) ret

It only lets you change options for the playback section on what ever sound card is set as the default device.
I now need to change options on the record section of the sound card! Any ideas how this can be done.

Thanks,
Jimmy Vig
Try to find source code, for example in codeproject.com. If it is in C++, possible to convert to QM.
This is exactly what I want. Full control over the Windows Mixer...
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/AudioLib.aspx

but of course it is in C# and not C++...Do I really know the difference...No, but I do know that the dll that comes in the source code does not successfully load in QM. Do I know why...nope.

I'll keep looking for something in C++...and hopefully I'll get somewhere on this.

thanks,
jim