Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sabine Graphi-Q program control.
Gintaras,

I am thinking of buying a digital EQ made by Sabine called the Graphi-Q and I would like to control the unit via an external midi controller through my laptop. The EQ has a computer based control interface that communicates changes in real-time via a serial port.

I would like to be able to control thehttp://www.sabine.com/resources/Software...0V5.43.exe (Free Download for demo purposes and testing) program with QM.

Primarily I would control the Parametric EQ dialog. I can use a setwintext into the boxes, but the settings do not update until you hit enter. I figure the easiest way is to some how send a key like SendClickMessage works.

If you could explain how send a key stroke message to a window without activating the window...that'd be great. Also, if you have time to download the program and take a look to see if you might be able to come up with better methods to control the interface.

If I can control this piece of gear with external MIDI controllers that would be completely awesome!!

Thanks for all your help as always,
Jimmy Vig
I suppose this would be done with WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP. I'll keep trucking through.
So the program doesn't seem to respond to changes where setwintext was used. May have to send message to move slider.
Search forum for SendCharactersToWindow
That works, but there are strange jumps in the data I have not been able to work out. It is very odd.
Possibly because SendCharactersToWindow is asynchronous. Insert wait after.

SendCharactersToWindow hwnd "text"
Gintaras,

So I've had a thought. I really don't like hacking away at program interfaces to make them do what I want to do. I really would like to transmit the serial data to the Sabine Graphi-Q unit. So I guess rewriting the program myself so it works with my midi controllers.

This is pretty much the exact same project as working Midi into my Lexicon MPX1, but instead of using SysEx messages over a Midi connection, I'll be using serial messages over an RS-232 connection to the Sabine Graphi-Q.

What I was able to do with the MPX1 is use the MIDI-OX program to record the output SysEx messages from the MPX1 and then write QM functions that would logically playback those SysEx message based on data from a Midi controller.

So if I was able to run a program that would record all of the data transmitted through the serial port, I could break it down and use that to write QM functions directly. Basically I would do sweeps on the program which would output the serial data, I'd record that, and then I could use QM to send the exact same data.

This program is only $20, which looks like it would do what I want...http://www.compt.ru/serial-port-monitor/en/index.php
Any suggestions from you would be great...particularly a free way to do what I am talking about.

Thanks,
jimmy Vig
I don't know much about serial port programming. Something is in the forum. Search for

serial port
It doesn't look like it will be very hard to do what I want to do. The hard part will be establishing the connection to communicate with the serial port.

Really, I need to learn this stuff because a lot of techie gear uses serial port interfacing, so it's about time I learn it.

Found the link in the forum...I've eyed this up before: http://home.comcast.net/~hardandsoftware/NETCommOCX.htm

I've downloaded it, installed it, and registered the typelib with QM. This is where I never know what to do with these things.

I have:
typelib NETCommOCX {4580EBBB-FE3D-45CF-8543-600A62B38A73} 1.1

Now how do I use it :wink:
Look in QM help, there is a topic about using COM components.

NETCommOCX.SomeClass x._create
x.CallFunction()
Ok...It's really simple, but I always have a lot of troubles with this stuff. I don't really understand running all these COM controls and working with the variables...

I asked Matt, who posted the link to the free Serial Port control, to provide examples of working with it.

Here's what I have so far, I don't know if it will work because I am not on a machine that can test:
Function Function92
Code:
Copy      Help
typelib NETCommOCX {4580EBBB-FE3D-45CF-8543-600A62B38A73} 1.1

NETCommOCX.NETComm x._create

VARIANT d=1234
x.CommPort=1
x.PortOpen=TRUE
x.Output=d

Perhaps later I'll log onto my other machine and play around, but I think I have a good start.

I'll probably download the demo version of the program I linked earlier and record serial information with that and then use the serial port COM to actually do the sending with QM. I'll have 30 day trial on that which would be enough to record everything I'll need.
Has anyone ever used this "Portmon"
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysin...96644.aspx

Looks like it will do what I need to record serial data.

Man, my audio rig just keeps getting more and more complicated. What ever happened to simple inputs and outputs! To think, I used to worry most about impedance matching!