Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot make exe. Error 10, failed to add icon.
Hi Gintaras,
I have many icons scattered throughout the multiple called functions in a folder which contains a function that I am trying to make an exe out of. I have tried to give them all unique resource id's but I keep on getting the Error 10. I have tried to find each one but maybe I am missing one. Is there a way I can find out where the line of code is that is throwing the Error 10?
Also, if there are multiple references to the same bmp or jpg or icon file, do they have to have different resource id numbers?
Thanks,
S
Error 10 is when fails to add main icon, which is specified in Make Exe dialog. Maybe the icon does not exist.

When fails to add icon or other image because of duplicate resource id, error would be like this:
Code:
Copy      Help
Resource id 200 already used for another file
Cannot make exe. Error 13, failed to add image files.

Quote:Also, if there are multiple references to the same bmp or jpg or icon file, do they have to have different resource id numbers?

icons, bmp and jpg are stored as different resource types therefore can have same id.
But not all file types are stored as different resource types. Look in table in help -> Make Exe -> Resources.
amazingly helpful...thanks!!!
S