Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSD Prob
So, I'm back and causing problems all over again! Big Grin

When I have osd_clock running and then try to run Testing Macro, QM crashes.

Here's what made it start crashing.
while running the osd_clock_orig, I noticed it flashing and blinking, so I changed a couple of parms to get it to not quit and then restart during the 'rep' phase. but I did notice that the osd_main now stayed running where it hadn't before. no big deal I thought but then when I ran a macro that had the OnScreenDisplay_Rd line it it, it would show the text as the correct font size (it was like an 8 or 10 instead of 30). since it used to work before the OSD_clock change, I copied out the display line put in a handle for the OSD and then wham about 8 out of 10 times it crashes.

any thoughts as to why? I know i've monkeyed with it quite a bit but I was hoping that making a completly different OSD would have solved it.

thanks.

Ken

Attached Files
.qml   OnScreenDisplay_Rd.qml (Size: 3.54 KB / Downloads: 283)
.qml   OSD_clock.qml (Size: 310 bytes / Downloads: 272)
.qml   OSD_clock_orig.qml (Size: 299 bytes / Downloads: 279)
.qml   OSD_Main.qml (Size: 1.14 KB / Downloads: 270)
.qml   OSD_Main_Rd.qml (Size: 1.13 KB / Downloads: 290)
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Why OnScreenDisplay_Rd and other xxx_Rd? I cannot test, need OSD_WndProc_Rd. If you use different window procedure for that class, you also should use different class name. Also try to run everything in exe. If you post many functions, please put everything in 1 file and allow to import.
YEAH!!! Fast and excellent service!!!
I went through and found those pesky class (QM_OSD_Class) notations and replaced them with "QM_OSD_Class_Rd"...works great!

thanks.

PS: if you have some time would you be able to explain why that caused a problem?

The Macro Hook
Each window class should have its own window procedure. Now I don't remember how RegWinClass works, it either assigned the RD window procedure to the class, or it failed. It means that either OnScreenDisplay or OnScreenDisplay_Rd used wrong window procedure, therefore it used wrong data and somewhere corrupted memory.
Gottcha...."Computer Voodoo"....thanks....

No, just kidding, I did understand it....thanks.

The Macro Hook