Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
enumeration of items
Hello,

I have a program that does not have strings built for some objects. Some of the objects are within the same tree. Whenever I use one of the objects it would point to the first object with the name. I then switched over to using ID numbers, but when I upgraded my software all the numbers changed. I was wondering if there was a way to gather the items within a tree and place them into an array of some kind and renaming to how I want.

Example: There are three ("" "" (Calculator) (SciCalc) "" 0x100) and i want to find by using a for loop that searches, and then if one was found it would name it Calc1. Second would be Calc2 and so on.

Any help would be great thank you.
Try GetChildObjects.

example
Macro Macro1763
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("Options" "#32770") ;;QM Options dialog
Acc a.Find(w "PROPERTYPAGE" "" "class=#32770" 0x1004)
ARRAY(Acc) b
a.GetChildObjects(b)
int i
for i 0 b.len
,out b[i].Name
It seems that my QM version is older so I do not have the find option. Is there a way around the find option? I do have the find accessible object, but the result of using it ends up being something like

Acc a=acc("View site information" "GRAPHIC" win("Quick Macros Forum • Post a reply - Google Chrome" "Chrome_WidgetWin_1") "Chrome_WidgetWin_1" "" 0x1001)
GetChildObjects also is new. Need QM 2.3.3.
The Find line can be replaced with acc.
Since i have an older version of QM before GetChildObjects and Find. Do you have any advice for me of getting around this?
Use callback function with acc. Read more in acc help.

Other way - Navigate.
example
Macro Macro1764
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("Options" "#32770") ;;QM Options dialog
Acc a=acc("" "PROPERTYPAGE" w "#32770" "" 0x1004)
a.Navigate("first")
rep
,out a.Name
,a.Navigate("next"); err break
I upgraded Quick Macro to 2.3.3.7. I tried to use the code with the find and GetChildObject, but I keep getting errors.

Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("Calculator" "SciCalc") ;;QM Options dialog
Acc a.Find(w "PROPERTYPAGE" "" "SciCalc" 0x1004)
ARRAY(Acc) b
a.GetChildObjects(b)
int i
for i 0 b.len
,out b[i].Name

my error is "invalid argument." using that code.
In which line error?
Acc a.Find(w "PROPERTYPAGE" "" "SciCalc" 0x1004)

at the a.Find
Delete that line and add new with "find accessible object" dialog.
OK i set up the syntax so it is able to compile, but i am only getting information on 1 part of the tree instead of the whole thing. Got anymore ideas?

P.S. thanks for all your help so far Gintaras

Code:
Copy      Help
Acc a.Find(w "" "Calculator" "class=SciCalc" 0x1004)
ARRAY(Acc) b
a.GetChildObjects(b)
int i
for i 0 b.len
,out b[i].Name
Look in GetChildObjects help.

a.GetChildObjects(b -1)
Ok I read all of the GetChildObjects help. I know that the -1 is to get all descendants of all levels. I plugged the -1 in as you did "a.GetChildObjects(a -1)" but i get the same result as when i did not have the -1 plugged in.

I also looked at the examples "a.GetChildObjects(c -1 "LINK")". I changed LINK with an *, but nothing changed then i switched to using just empty quotes still nothing happened. Am I missing something big, because i know there are more then just "Help Topics" and "About Calculator" within the tree.
Role is missing in Find. Finds wrong object.

all objects in Calculator
Macro Macro1761
Code:
Copy      Help
out
int w=win("Calculator" "SciCalc")
Acc a.Find(w "WINDOW" "Calculator" "class=SciCalc" 0x1005)
ARRAY(Acc) b
a.GetChildObjects(b -1)
int i
for i 0 b.len
,str sRole sName
,b[i].Role(sRole)
,sName=b[i].Name
,out F"{sRole} {sName}"

all links in Internet Explorer
Macro Macro1766
Code:
Copy      Help
out
int w=win("Internet Explorer" "IEFrame")
Acc a.Find(w "PANE" "" "" 0x3000 3)
ARRAY(Acc) b
a.GetChildObjects(b -1 "LINK")
int i
for i 0 b.len
,str sName sValue
,sName=b[i].Name
,sValue=b[i].Value
,out F"{sName} | {sValue}"
Thank you for your last post Gintaras. It helped me out a lot, but I am working on the final point. I am trying to appoint every object as its own element. I've been reading ARRAY help, but I am not able to get the code to work. I also tried to edit based off of
ARRAY of custom type as parameter
but still doesn't work or unable to follow. I removed all my edits, because I think the edits made the code worse. My current code is

Code:
Copy      Help
Acc a.Find(w "WINDOW" "Calculator" "class=SciCalc" 0x1005)
ARRAY(Acc) b.create(0x10000)
ARRAY(str) names.create(0x10000)
int i

a.GetChildObjects(b -1)
for i 0 b.len
,names[i]=b[i].Role
,names[i+1]=b[i].Name
,b[i].Role(names[i+2])
,out F"{names[i]} : {names[i+2]} : {names[i+1]}"

i need it so that "names[i]" does not repeat ever. Help would be grateful.

Thank you
Cannot add or change object properties.

If you get objects with GetChildObjects, you have array. For example, to click 3-th object use b[2].DoDefaultAction.

Or use match index with Find. Then don't need GetChildObjects and array. Example:
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("Calculator" "")
Acc a1.Find(w "PUSHBUTTON" "" "class=Button" 0x1004 0 1)
Acc a2.Find(w "PUSHBUTTON" "" "class=Button" 0x1004 0 2)
Acc a3.Find(w "PUSHBUTTON" "" "class=Button" 0x1004 0 3)
How do i check which element each object is pointed to?
run this macro
Macro Macro1761
Code:
Copy      Help
out
int w=win("Calculator")
Acc a.Find(w "" "Calculator" "" 0x1005)

ARRAY(Acc) b
int i

a.GetChildObjects(b -1 "PUSHBUTTON")

for i 0 b.len
,;out b[i].Name
,int x y
,b[i].Location(x y)
,str s=i
,OnScreenDisplay s 1 x y 0 14 0 2
Gintaras that is an awesome macro/program, but I am trying to find out what array number goes with each object so it is easier to access them. I want to assign the array numbers with my own name.
Cannot assign names.
Ok is there a way to display the numbers the object names and roles are associated with?
,out F"{i} {sRole} {sName}"
Yes!!! that is perfect ^_^ thank you sooo much Gintaras. This will make things go sooo much faster XD
I am sorry to call upon your powers once more, but after i have gathered the information i want Array Element, Role, and Name within my array. Is there a way to store the array as a baseline? Baseline as in an array that is placed with all the elements, roles, and names stored. Whenever i run the macro it look at all the excising a elements before trying to gather more elements without overwriting the current.

I was reading

List Box items

but I am not filtering yet.
Where the array should be saved? In memory, in file (text/CSV or database), or in registry?
A file would be best i believe because I can always call it in, while memory may get erased.
Data should be stored as a table with columns ROLE and NAME? And then will need to open the table and find names in it? And if name not found, add new row?
I was thinking of something close to a 3D array, but not really a 3D array. It would be three different arrays one for element, one for role, and one for name. If there is a new element/role/name it would add new line within each array.
What is purpose of this project?
I need to do a regression test on my company's program, but many of the buttons do not have names attached so click on objects based off names is useless. If I do it based off ID it is also useless because the IDs will change when I upgrade the software. I need a way to have a baseline for all the regression tests. So the best way I can think of right now is to gather all the objects in an array, and do a DoDefaultAction on the array element to hit the buttons. If I keep the code as it is the code would be useless because if the developer adds a new object in between element 66 and 67 it would push every element down by one and all the objects being clicked would do something completely different from what I am expecting.