Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registry key
Hello

sorry to seem so dumb, but if i can easily retreive a key value in registry, i can't find a way to store all values.

Ex: i have a key like this : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MySoftware which contains many datas.

I want to get all datas of that key, not a specific one.
str s
rget(s "" "Software\MySoftware" HKEY_CURRENT_USER) does not work.

Any idea?

Thanks
Macro Macro1779
Code:
Copy      Help
ARRAY(str) a
sys.RegGetValues(a "Software\gindi\qm2\settings" 0 1)
int i
for i 0 a.len
,out F"{a[0 i]}={a[1 i]}"
it's a normal windows key, not related to QM
And i don't want an array with key pairs, but a string variable containing all datas, like a .reg file
or exported file.

Sorry for being unclear
Change key in the code.
Quote:And i don't want an array with key pairs, but a string variable containing all datas, like a .reg file
or exported file.

QM does not have such function, but you can use regedit with command line to export a key to .reg. Google for regedit command line.
Also can be used API functions RegSaveKey and RegRestoreKey, but the exported data is binary, and it can be imported to registry only on same Windows OS version.
Ok, was actually looking for a way to avoid using regedit. Maybe in a future QM version wishlist.

Can QM intercept regedit output to put it in a variable instead of writing a file?
No.
Run regedit with run flag 0x400 (wait for exit). Then load the output file into a str variable with getfile.
Actually such QM functions exist, but they export to an XML file, not to a reg file.
You can find them in first topic of QM Extensions subforum. Also attached here.

Attached Files
.qml   Registry export import XML.qml (Size: 3.3 KB / Downloads: 424)
Love the xml stuff, there is a xml to txt function available?
XML is a text format.
If you need to store XML text to a str variable instead of file, you can easily edit the functions.
i was thinking of a function to convert xml file to plain text file to convert it in .reg....

run "C:\Windows\regedit.exe" "/E q:\MyKey.reg ''HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MyKey''" "" "" 0x400

does not work....
Works on my PC. Maybe regedit is disabled on your PC.
Nope, was a runas problem.

adding 16|0x10400 at the end of command line makes it work