Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard Triggers Do Not Repeat
Quick Summary:
Trying to clone my native winamp global hotkeys.
alt+3 plays next song .
Make it F9 (example) and create a qm macro with alt+3 keyboard trigger which fires f9.
The reason ? Photoshop steals my winamps alt+3 trigger , im hoping qm will be stronger at that.
The problem ? Natural winamp global hotkey can be used repeatedly while alt being held down , hold down alt and click 3 , many times and song keeps changing as expected. But qm alt+3 trigger does not work again as long as the alt key is held down. I tried to add a (send alt key down) inside my macro but things got worse.

Also i need this extra behavior in my other macros aswell . I like QM a lot , i cant live without it , its such an excellent program , with few more things , i wont need any other macro program to run with QM aswell. Maybe these things are doable via coding but surely menu buttons are faster .

So is there any way to make this happen ? So that my keyboard trigger becomes capable of working again and again as long as its modifier is still pressed. Currently i need to release it all to run macro again. Btw I whould like to give GM all the money i spend on other macro software , only if QM had some more options..
Like the problem above and smilar behavior on QM MENUS ,( trigger independent ) . I have a post about this and gintaras said that QM doesnt support it atm .

Thank you for your answers in advance.
I have checked the help files and saw this
"By default, QM does not wait until you release trigger keys, but releases them itself. In some cases it can cause unexpected effects. For example, if trigger contains Ctrl and Alt, and macro sends Delete, can be generated Ctrl+Alt+Delete. If "When released" is checked, macro starts only when all keys and mouse buttons are released."

"But releases them itself".

I think this behavior is whats causing unexpected effects. I dont want QM to release the alt key when i activate the macro , hope it helps . Still looking for an answer.
It is a known bug in QM 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 beta. Fixed in the latest QM version - 2.3.4.7 or 8.
Wow thanks a bunch ! Installing the new version fixed my problem 100% , interesting , i thought i had updated the program 1 week ago , apparently exe files got swapped , and instead i installed the old version , very nice Smile .