Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help in Macro creation for Images
Hi

I wanted to have a macro in MS word to identify all the lines with a particular image/picture/icon and delete all those lines present in the word file. as en example in the attached file all the line which contains the desktop icon have to be automatically deleted up on running the macro.(Is it possible to identify that icon may be by specifying a location of the image by saving it in local and using its properties before deleting the line containing that icon). I am relatively new to this forum, please help !
The task is difficult. Maybe will need more time to create the macro than to do it manually.
Maybe it is possible with Word COM interfaces. Need some programming knowledge.
Other way - find and click images with the scan function (dialog 'Find image'), then select /delete the line with keyboard. But it will find only currently visible images.

You can post the Word file here as attachment. Use zip.
Thanks for your reply, I am also trying to implement it. Please let me know if you have found out an easier way to solve the requirement. Many thanks, please find the sample test file as attachment.

Attached Files
.zip   test file.zip (Size: 11.95 KB / Downloads: 553)
Macro delete images in Word
Code:
Copy      Help
;/exe 1

;This macro is not completely reliable. Run it several times until it will not find more images. Then review the document.
;I did not find a better way to identify images. Need to use scan. But can use Word COM interfaces to select images.
;At first need to capture the image:
;;;1. Select one of the images in Word.
;;;2. In QM floating toolbar find dialog "Find image", and capture the image in Word. The image must be in selected state.
;;;3. Save as "word_image_to_delete.bmp".
;;;4. On OK the dialog will insert 2 lines of code in current macro. Don't need them, remove.
;;;5. Run this macro.
;;;6. If error in line 'typelib Word': Open menu -> Tools -> Type Libraties. Find Microsoft Word xxx Object Library. Create declaration and replace the typelib line in this macro with the new declaration.

;find and activate Word window
int w=win("Word" "OpusApp")
act w
int c=child("Microsoft Word Document" "_WwG" w)
;connect to Word COM interface
typelib Word {00020905-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} 8.3 1
Word.Application a._getactive
;get graphic objects
ARRAY(Word.InlineShape) b
Word.InlineShape s
foreach(s a.ActiveDocument.InlineShapes)
,s.Select ;;make to display the object now, it makes more reliable later
,b[]=s
wait 0.5
;repeat for each object, starting from end
int i n k
for i b.len-1 -1 -1
,b[i].Select ;;select the object
,;find image captured with dialog "Find image".
,;It must be captured in selected state.
,;If not found, it is other image.
,if scan("word_image_to_delete.bmp" c 0 16)
,,;select-delete line
,,spe 10 ;;make faster
,,key SE X       ;; Shift+End Delete
,,n+1

OnScreenDisplay F"Deleted {n} images" 3 0 0 "" 0 0 2|4

;BEGIN PROJECT
;
;END PROJECT