Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capture of console output from inside of *.exe?
Hi -

I have the Exe Monitor Output.qml and it's very useful - but I was interested in a different capture mechanism. I need to be able to capture the console output from applications that are on another machine. I can do the network side of it but I don't see how the text of the console itself could be captured as a stream.

Since this is most useful when the application is crashing it can't just capture the console text - it needs to be able to capture the stream of data as the 'out' statements are processed. Is there a way to put a listener on the console so that it gets this text?

A different alternative would be to extend the monitor so that it sent the data over the network to my server. But I'd prefer to do this in a single *.exe.

Thanks

Sean
Quote:...capture the stream of data as the 'out' statements are processed. Is there a way to put a listener on the console so that it gets this text?
Currently not.
out is asynchronous. Several out may be collected before displaying. And "Exe Monitor Output" receives the collected text.
For what you need, need to create an user-defined function and use it instead of out. It could use QM net function or some other way to send data.