Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"too much code in single macro." error
I am using QM version 2.4.3 and Windows 8.1

After I modified my macro i get the error message

"too much code in single macro."

So I thought I will reduce the number of characters in the code (by shortening variable names). However I still get this error message and I have reduced the total code size to a smaller value than an earlier version of my macro which runs ok.

When I copy and paste the code into notepad and save the file size it is 214 kb and the earlier version is 218 kb so there is definitely less code in the new macro. I am aware I could put more code in functions but as I have reduced the code it should work without doing this?

Maybe it is because I introduced 3 dimensional arrays in the new macro as the previous only had 2 dimension arrays (but that would just affect memory required??) Is the macro just getting too complex??

What causes this error and what is the solution please.
It depends on internal compiled code size. Does not depend on variable names, length of strings, comments and empty space. Probably this QM version creates slightly bigger compiled code. Will need to make the macro smaller. Click the Help link by the error text in output.
Thank you.

I looked at the help text.

I guess the obvious way is to put more macro code into separate functions.

Is there any way I can see how large the compiled code currently is so I then know how much further I need to reduce it to meet the target size?
Quote:Is there any way I can see how large the compiled code currently is so I then know how much further I need to reduce it to meet the target size?
Isn't. Next QM 2.4.3 version will show a warning when code size reaches eg 90% of the limit.
OK thank you.

I will just try and see. I guess my new macro has got much larger because of lots of new multi dimensional arrays.

It would be nice to increase the limit for size of macros if possible?

I am not sure if machine restricts the size (memory, processor speed) or something else?
QM limits it to make compiled code smaller (in memory and exe file). But maybe it is time to remove this limitation, I'll see.
Removing the limit (or as an option in settings) would be very useful for me. If there is a "work around" to do this at the moment let me know.

Thank you