Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change QM systray icon and send qm item to other .wal/.qml
1)
I want to use 2 portable QM installations on my machine.
One for developing and one for general use which is clean.
This is because my current portable installation has to many macro's and triggers geared towards creating macro's, functions etc...
(it's just to cluttered).

The second portable installation would be clean and only contain macro's that are geared towards general pc's use.

For me to know which installation is running I need to be able to change the systray icon of the second portable installation.
(I would put the code that changes the systray in the "init" function, if possible)
Another option might be to totally switch from one "Portable.qml" file.

To be clear, I would not run 2 instances at one time. I would switch to the second (clean) one as soon I am done creating macro's and such (thus on exit, start the other clean version).

2)
Is it possible to send the current QM item I am working on to another QM portable installation.
For example I working on a macro called "notepad_toolbar" and I want to send it into another QM .wal/.qml file.
So that if I would start the second QM installation the macro "notepad_toolbar" would be present in the second QM portable installation.
1. Cannot change icon at run time. Or I don't know how. QM loads the icon from qm.exe resources at startup, and later uses the handle.
Idea 1: Clone qm.exe and replace icons in its resources with a resource editor. Google: free resource editor. But possible problems because qm.exe is signed.
Idea 2: Clone qm.exe, and hide tray icon for one of these qm.exe (in taskbar Properties). When the hidden-icon qm runs, add another icon with AddTrayIcon...

2. Difficult. Better use a common shared file.
Thank you for those ideas!