Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macro trigger queries
Hello,

I am quite new to Quick Macros and I am still testing this product however, I have been using Macro Express pro for a long time. I have a couple of issues that I have stumbled upon and I am hoping you can help me out or point me in the right direction.

Issue 1:
I am trying to activate a macro when a window pops up (Its a chat window for a desktop application). The trigger works when I use the drag feature in properies --> Window --> Create and Active. However, the problem is the title of the window will always be the name of the user followed by "-conversation". So when I am testing the macro, it works fine on my user activated chat, but it does not work when the window title changes to another user. The window title will always be in this format "user - Conversation". So it will laways end with "- Conversation". I have tried to sue regular expression but I am unable to trigger my macro (maybe I am not using the correct expression) or I may be missing something else. Please help

Issue 2:
Is it possible to active my recorded/coded macros upon keystrokes. Example: When I type "==welcome" a macro to display the welcome message be triggered along with some other action. Basically what I am asking is instead of using a hotkey, I would prefer to have an easy to remember word act as a trigger. This feature is present in Macro Express pro, but I am not sure if its also supported in your program as I was unable to find it. The trigger text will definitely be more than 2 letters.

Thank you very much for developing this wonderful program and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Smile
1. QM triggers and functions by default interpret window names as "anywhere in name" not as "full name". Or you can check "Use *" and replace the variable part (user) with *.

2. Menu File -> New -> New Autotext ...
Thank you very much for your prompt response. Below are my concerns:

Gintaras Wrote:1. QM triggers and functions by default interpret window names as "anywhere in name" not as "full name". Or you can check "Use *" and replace the variable part (user) with *.

When I do that the macro does not get triggered.

Gintaras Wrote:2. Menu File -> New -> New Autotext ...
How do I use this to trigger an existing macro. Example: I have a macro that creates a new notepad instance and types some text into it. How can I call this macro or likewise any other macro when I use the autotext "==welcome"

Thanks again
Example macro with a trigger for Notepad with any document name.
Macro Macro2721
Trigger !ca"* - Notepad" "Notepad" "" "" "" 0x2     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
mes "macro"

Autotext Autotext10
Trigger $t "=="     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
/b/i/c
welcome :mac "external macro name"
welcome :sub.InternalMacro

#sub InternalMacro m
mes "InternalMacro"
Sorry if I do sound a bit noobish but I was unable to try it out.

This is my macro at the moment (just a test macro)
Code:
Copy      Help
int hwnd=TriggerWindow

'Wr             ;; Win+R
int w2=wait(15 win("Run" "#32770"))
'"notepad" Y    ;; "notepad" Enter

'"Hi" Y         ;; "Hi" Enter
'Y              ;; Enter
'Y              ;; Enter
'"HELLO"        ;; "HELLO"

I also tried adding this line "Trigger !ca"* - Conversation" "Conversation" "" "" "" 0x2 " but it did not work. I am obviously doing something wrong. I would appreciate if you can point it out. Again I am very sorry, I am quite new to this application.
Download the attachment. Import to Quick Macros.

To test the first macro, run Notepad. Then the macro should show a message box.

To test the autotext, in Notepad type
==welcome
It should show a menu with two items (because there are two "welcome" in the autotext list).
Then in Notepad type
==qm
It should replace "==qm" with "Quick Macros".

Attached Files
.qml   window trigger and autotext.qml (Size: 3 KB / Downloads: 285)
Thank you very much. It indeed works exactly as you mentioned. However, when I try it on my application window it fails to trigger. The window is a chat window which has a title "user - conversation". So I am using "* - Conversation" but that does not seem to work. Could you advise what should I enter as the class name in that case (maybe its not working because I am not proving the class name. I tried entering "Qwidget" as the class name but that does not work either.

Thanks again.
OMG, it worked. I dont know what was it that I was doing wrong. But when I tried changing the trigger name to "* - Conversation" on your macro it worked. I am very sorry for the confusion.

Thank you very much for your help. Your product is intriguing and your support is amazing. Smile