Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
activating tabs within Chrome
I have Chrome with a large number of tabs open (>100).

How do I use QM to activate one of these tabs please? (note less than 50 tabs appear at the top of Chrome to click on but there are over 100 activated).

Thank you in advance
Macro Macro2828
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("Google Chrome" "Chrome_WidgetWin_1")
Acc a.Find(w "PAGETAB" "Tab Name" "" 0x1015)
a.DoDefaultAction
Sorry I cannot get this code to work

e.g.

Acc a.Find(w "PAGETAB" "Quick Macros Forum • View topic - activating tabs within Chrome" "" 0x1015)
a.DoDefaultAction

Result

Error (RT) in object not found
Try this:
Macro Macro41
Code:
Copy      Help
Acc a.Find(w "PAGETAB" "*activating tabs within Chrome*" "" 0x1015)
a.DoDefaultAction
Here works. The code created with dialog "Find accessible object". Maybe something is different in the object tree on your computer. With the dialog try to capture a Chrome tab and replace the code.
Thank you for your help but when I use the dialog I cannot find any PAGETAB objects only CLIENT, WINDOW, MENUBAR ,TITLEBAR, PUSHBUTTON in the tree??

Note I am running Chrome with global accessibility mode on and I have tried 2 machines.
Using Quick Macros version 2.4.3.8?
No I am using 2.4.3.0 - is there any work around using this version as I am not sure I want to use QM 2.4.3.8?
Chrome several times changed the way of enabling its accessible objects. The last time QM adapted to this possibly is after 2.4.3.0, I don't remember. Better install the latest QM, I afraid there are no workarounds with the older version.
OK thank you.

Before I upgrade to QM 2.4.3.8 what is the best way to back up QM 2.4.3.0 so I can go back to the old version if necessary please?
Quote:The last time QM adapted to this possibly is after 2.4.3.0, I don't remember.
In QM 2.4.2 (2014-11-22), but not sure.

Quote:Note I am running Chrome with global accessibility mode on
Started Chrome with command line --force-renderer-accessibility ?
mancunian Wrote:Before I upgrade to QM 2.4.3.8 what is the best way to back up QM 2.4.3.0 so I can go back to the old version if necessary please?
The best way is to have QM 2.4.3.0 setup program.
I have updated to latest version of QM.

Cannot find accessible PAGETAB object in Windows 8.1 but I can with Windows 10.

All the latest Windows and Chrome updates are installed, QM running as Administrator and using Shift key to look for objects in dialog.

How do I make it work with Windows 8.1 please?
I use window 8.1 and I could find the "PageTab" in Chrome.
You have to put the class name in the Find statement like this:
Macro Macro10
Code:
Copy      Help
str s=
;*activating tabs within chrome

str Tab_Name
foreach Tab_Name s
,Acc a.Find(w "PAGETAB" Tab_Name "class=Chrome_WidgetWin_1" 0x1005)
,a.DoDefaultAction
Start Learning - thank you very much I am grateful.

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and so I can now activate tabs in Chrome.

However I may downgrade back to Windows 8.1 in which case I will use your solution.

Gintaras - thanks as always for your excellent fast support it is first class.

--force-renderer-accessibility with Chrome? - yes I used this. I have also used the accessibility tab in Chrome before with earlier versions of QM.
Now I installed Chrome 64-bit on almost fresh Windows 8.1. Accessible objects work, and don't need --force-renderer-accessibility. Don't know why don't work on your PC.