Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change color scheme of Item list in QM editor
Hi Gintaras,

Is it possible to change the color scheme of Item list in QM editor? Especially the highlight color and/or the text color.

Regards,
GertC
No. Why?
My problem is only the contrast of Active Items, which are white/grey text against yellow higlighted background on my computer. So I find it not too easy to quickly find an item if there are many highlighted items.
How to make white text in the QM list? I can make white text in other windows, eg Explorer folder windows, but the QM control remains the same - white (or yellow) background and black text. Maybe you use an older QM version.
I always upgraded with each new release and now I am on 2.4.3.8. But what I am seeing now is maybe similar to an old color scheme ?

To check if it is due to my system somehow, I installed QM on my wife's laptop. There I got black text on a white background and if you hover text there you get the light grey letter I am seeing all the time (against a dark grey background). If I hover it becomes either blue underlined against Yellow or black text and the yellow changes in a small white window with a fine black border. But highlighted it becomes a hard to distinguish light grey letters against a light yellow background. Fortunately we have the Active Items Pane, where I can navigate easily.

Somehow something has become reversed on my system. I'll try to find out more about manipulating color schemes
This is how should be. Item text is black or dark blue. On mouse hover, text is dark blue and underlined. No gray letter, no gray text. If text is longer, shows a tooltip over it.

But I'll try to find why text could be gray etc, and fix it in next QM.

Now I remember. Long long ago, this or similar code was in function init2 (probably) by default. Newer QM versions did not include it, and I forgot about it when adding yellow.

Function init2
Code:
Copy      Help
int tv=id(2202 _hwndqm)
SendMessage tv TVM_SETBKCOLOR 0 0x808080
SendMessage tv TVM_SETTEXTCOLOR 0 0xF0F0F0

To fix it:
Find code like this, delete, restart QM.

Joho !! It was in init2 !

I had to turn down the brightness of my monitor now :wink:

And I used these same statements to create a light grey background for the List of items.

Function init2
Code:
Copy      Help
;Set QM List colors:
def TV_FIRST    0x1100
def TVM_SETBKCOLOR    (TV_FIRST + 29)
def TVM_SETTEXTCOLOR    (TV_FIRST + 30)
int tv=id(2202 "+QM_Editor")
SendMessage tv TVM_SETBKCOLOR 0 0xE0E0E0  ;;light grey background in List of items
;;SendMessage tv TVM_SETTEXTCOLOR 0 0xe0e0e0  ;;uncomment and change text color here if you like