Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
consecutively trigger macro's without releasing modifier key
I often use several hot key triggered macro's consecutively. If two macro's have the same modifier key or modifier key combination (e.g. CR for the first macro I want to run and CQ for the macro I want to run immediately after that) it would be nice if I wouldn't have to release the control key. I've experimented with the hot key trigger settings in the properties dialog box, but haven't found a way to get this to work.

Is there a way to get this to work (with any combination of consecutive hot key triggers)?

(In mgsimplify, a different macro program, this works, so it should be possible)
No. In QM, modifier keys must be at first released to trigger again.
can you do a "dual trigger" thing where a second macro goes off if a letter is hit within a second or so of the first macro?

or maybe this at the end of the first macro:
Code:
Copy      Help
rep 100000
,ifk(q)
,,mac "the second macro here"
,,end
[/code]
I have a macro for editing text that I often need to use several times in a row. Is there a command to add to this that would virtually "release" and "reapply" the modifier key even though you don't release and reapply manually? This would allow the user to hold down the modifier key and fire off any number of commands that depend on it.

My QM knowledge is pretty basic, so I haven't tackled this, but it sounds like the kind of ability that you have created in QM.
- Bob
bob you may drop that into the wishlist section of the forum. i don't think it has been added yet but it might.
Currently it is impossible or unsafe.