Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for learning programming languages
I want to learn a programming language, I want to know which language and QM combination is better, C? C++? C#? I hope the QM developers can give me some advice, thanks in advance.  Smile
C#.
It will be the main language in QM3. In QM2 it can be used too, although not as easily.
When is QM3 released? Is there any major functional improvement?

Is QM3 compatible with QM2 code?

Very looking forward   Tongue
Probably next year. The main improvement is changed scripting language. Not compatible with QM2.
The grammar has also changed? Need to relearn?    Huh
Yes, it will be regular C# class/method or C# script. Learning C# is good for your future.

Example:
QM2 macro:
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("- Mozilla Firefox" "MozillaWindowClass")
act w
lef 331 115 w 1

C# script in QM3:
Code:
Copy      Help
var w = Wnd.Find("*- Mozilla Firefox", "MozillaWindowClass");
w.Activate();
Mouse.Click(w, 331, 115);
Thank you for the sample code

I hope that I can run QM2 code on QM3 in some way. The syntax of QM2 is very simple.  Smile
Quote:I hope that I can run QM2 code on QM3 in some way.

Possibly. Or you can run both programs simultaneously.
Hi Gintaras,

I'm also looking forward to the new version. I hope that it will contain as many (but hopefully more) visual coding menus like the current Text, Keys, Mouse, Wait, Windows etc. toolbar menus. These are awesome for the not so talented/beginner coders like myself. That WYSIWYG like feature of QM is great. I think that really is a niche/hole in the market. I know (from lots of Google searches) that there's a lot of people with little coding knowledge that are looking for software builders that are user-friendly but very powerful at the same time. I've tried about every macro program and IDE out there but QM is the most powerful and versatile. What's more: it's one of the very few commercial development programs that come at a reasonable price. 

I agree that learning C# is probably the best investment for anyone who wants to learn about coding. I've created several relatively simple programs with Visual Studio. The visual/layout options of Visual Studio are great but attaching (simple) actions to controls is a different story and usually takes quite a lot of coding. 
Is it possible to create a similar visual toolbox in the next QM version with visual coding menus to attach common actions to controls (without the need of typing code)? It would also be nice to have simple visual options in the Dialog Editor to easily change the button color, GUI background, text color etc.

It's good to hear that QM2 can be used simultaneously with QM3 because it's hard to beat the intuitive QM2 coding when it comes to things like Windows activation, SendKeys or simple mouseclicks for that matter:

Visual Studio C#:                                              public event MouseEventHandler MouseClick
Dragon Advanced Scripting (VB derivate):           ButtonClick 1,1
Auto Hotkey:                                                    MouseClick
QM:                                                                 lef