Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove delay in Key Remap
Hi,

I've been trying to remap some shortcut keys to arrow keys (i.e shift-e -> arrow up, shife-d -> arrow down etc...), and I've created some code that does the trick, but for some reason
when I press the shortcut key and hold it down I do not get the same response that I would get if I would hold down the arrow key (specifically I'm just trying to remap keys for scrolling). What happens is that it will initially scroll a bit, but then there will be this delay of maybe 50-100 ms and then it will keep scrolling as usual. What I'm trying to do is remove this delay so that it's smooth like when I'd normally use the arrow key. Here is the code I've been using for the remaps:

spe
key+ R
rep
if(!ifk(Sf)) break
key- R

I suppose there could be an issue on the application side of things as to why this is happening, but I'm not quite sure. Also I'd like to point out I'm quite new and I just basically left click create macro and so basically I have 4 macros (1 for each arrow key).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
This program cannot do automations like "when I press key X, it presses key X or Y repeatedly until I release X".
The delay is the keyboard auto-repeat delay that is set in Control Panel.
Alright thanks for the help!