Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobil version/file startup
I'm trying out QM using a usb key but when ever I start it on a ws, it always starts up with a blank qml file rather than the one on the key.

i'm starting qm from a shortcut in the root of the usb key; isn't there a way to tell it to use the qml a few directories deeper rather than startup blank?

thanks
What is shortcut path, and what is Target in shortcut's properties?

I don't know how to make shortcut which target path would be relative to shortcut path. Try batch file instead. For example, I create New Folder on desktop, and test.txt in it. Then I create a.bat file on desktop. Text:

start .\NewFol~1\test.txt

When I run a.bat, runs test.txt which is in New Folder, that is one folder deeper than a.bat.
my usb key will "most" times end up as E: but not always. here is the layout when it does.

E:\Programs\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe
E:\Programs\Quick Macros 2\My QM\main.qml

I don't really need to launch it with a shortcut; I was just thinking that I could do a command line param that would force it to load with the main.qml that way.

I've been launching it and then changing the "personal folder" to $qm$\my qm which is on the usb key.

Thanks.
It is possible to automatically transfer QM settings, including QM file path, from one computer to other.

Setup on your computer:
Run e:\...qm.exe on your computer. Open e:...\My QM\main.qml. Make sure that all QM settings are good (they will be transferred to other computers). Click Options -> Export Settings to export QM registry settings to qmreg5.reg. Open the reg file in notepad and find "file"=... . If it is full path, replace to "file"="$qm$\\My QM\\main.qml". If you are going to use QM on Win98/Me too, you also need to export qm settings on Win98/Me, because other reg file format is used. Then exports to qmreg4.reg.

Setup on other computers:
No setup required. Just run QM. When QM starts first time on a computer (when QM registry key does not exist), it imports the reg file (must be in $qm$) to the registry. Read more in help -> Network Setup. I don't recommend to change $my qm$ path.
my goal is to have all the files on the key without having to
  • start qm from the key
    change the files setting to save new macros to the key (sometimes I create new ones while working on a workstation and want to use them on the next ws i work on)
    restart qm from the key (it is now using the key as the place to get the macros from)

is this possble?
Quote:without having to change the files setting to save new macros to the key
My previous post is about that.
sorry i read that so fast i was thinking you were talking about the qml file itself and not the reg file.
yep. it works great as usual!
sorry about the run around. :roll: