Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Keys
I'm trying to mess with my media keys on my keyboard and make it so when I click key 177(PreviousTrack key) it goes to the next song and so on. I've set it up so that key 176(NextTrack key) is the trigger key and the code is simply
Code:
Copy      Help
key (177)
key (177)
which with my somewhat simple knowledge of this program so far would mean that when I click key 176 it registers it as me clicking key 177 twice. Putting "key (177)" once doesn't work because it doesn't seem to override the default media key settings. But even with it put in twice sometimes when I click key 176 it goes forward and doesn't go backwards at all, this usually happens if I let the song play for about 3 seconds any more or less and the code works.
There's gotta be a better way to do this, like overriding the media keys from the start that I just don't know how to do. Any help would be appreciated.
Normally, if in Properties "Eat" is checked, the application does not receive the trigger-key. For some keys this does not work. Try to check "When released".
Checking "when released" doesn't help. No other way you can think of, of disabling the keys?
http://www.quickmacros.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=288
Matt B