Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set hotkeys for chrome pages
Hello,

I want to set hotkeys to - 
1) Open the 3 dots of chrome - at top right of the browser
2) And also want to set new custom hotkeys for opening the task manager of chrome
3) And to open extensions page of chrome (and also if possible then scroll to bottom of extensions page after opening it).

Want to set custom hotkeys for all 3 above.
For the chrometaskmanager I want to set the custom hotkey different from the inbuilt chrome hotkey to open chrometaskmanager by SHIFT+ESC.

Thanks.
create these functions

Function OpenChromeMenu
Code:
Copy      Help
int w1=act(win("- Google Chrome" "Chrome_WidgetWin_1"))
err
,out "Chrome is not Open"
,ret
'Af             ;; Alt+F

Function OpenChromeTaskManager
Code:
Copy      Help
err
,ret
'SZ             ;; Shift+Esc

Function OpenChromeExtentionsTab
Code:
Copy      Help
err
,ret
'AfRlRe      ;; Alt+F Right L Right E

assign a trigger for each function to what you want
1. select the function on left side of qm window

2. then click or Ctrl+P

3. then on properties window select keyboard

4. press hotkeys you want
5. make sure eat is checked
6. then click ok
Thank you @Kevin sir.
You make it look so easy.

Also - for opening the chrometaskmanager in the - Function OpenChromeTaskManager, I used the code taken with the help of your provided code of - Function OpenChromeExtentionsTab -

Code:
Copy      Help
'AfRlRt      ;; Alt+F Right L Right T

Bcos I have some other problem that my current system on pressing the hotkey - SHIFT+ESC, is not opening the chrome task manager, as an another application installed on my system named - Instant file find.exe interface opens up on pressing this hotkey, in any window systemwide, when the Instant file find.exe is running.
When the application Instant file find.exe is NOT RUNNING on the system, pressing SHIFT+ESC on an active chrome browser correctly opens up task manager though.

- - -

Can I do this -

1) Disable the SHIFT+ESC hotkey to opening up the Instant file find.exe even when its running, ie. to do nothing when its running and when no chrome browser is opened up.
2) And when a chrome window is opened up, the SHIFT+ESC correctly opens up the task manager for the chrome.

Although as stated above the code given by u from Function OpenChromeExtentionsTab has helped in opening up the chrometaskmanager in an alternate way, other than the SHIFT+ESC hotkey, I wud like to fix this hotkey still. And this fixing wud be helpful to other users of quickmacros too, in fixing their already system wide present hotkeys.

Thanks again for ur help.
Can it be done Kevin sir ?
that program uses a global hotkey  registered when the program runs where chrome doesn't 

this isn't exactly what you wanted but works
checks to see if InstantFileFind is running and if it is sends Alt+F Right L Right T  if not sends Shift+Esc 
this worked for me on my pc InstantfileFind window doesn't show

Function OpenChromeTaskManager2
Trigger SZ     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
spe -2
int w=act(win("- Google Chrome" "Chrome_WidgetWin_1"))
err
,ret
if(ProcessNameToId("InstantFileFind"))
,out "InstantFileFind running using alternative"
,'AfRlRt      ;; Alt+F Right L Right T
else
,out "InstantFileFind not running using Shift+Esc"
,'SZ             ;; Shift+Esc

the other option would be to exit InstantFileFind and Register the hotkey then open InstantFileFile
This function OpenChromeTaskManager2 is working good as well for me. Thanks for making this too.

Quote:the other option would be to exit InstantFileFind and Register the hotkey then open InstantFileFile 

But I didnt understand this - as other option - where to register, after exiting instantfilefind ?
Would need to create a new function that runs all the time that registers that same hotkey. InstantFileFind cannot be running . Then can launch InstantFileFind. Exe and the hotkey for that program won't register because it's already taken.
Ok, noted.

I am very busy these days, so couldnt come here earlier. Thanks for ur help.