Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mute Microphone
So I'm having a devil of a time with my headset's mute button.

It's odd MS doesn't have a shortcut for it but does anyone know how to mute the microphone via QM?

Thanks
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Hey Ken
Not sure if you already came across this or looking for some hidden deep system hook that would need Gintaras-level wizardry. But maybe these might work for you: 

- Win11: WIN + Alt + K

Otherwise:
- If on laptop, I think can do it via the mobility center:
run mblctr via cmd menu (or qm run "mblctr") or Win-X b...then Mute button in Mobility Center alt-M 
'Wxb
wait
'Am

- Tiny free 3rd party app MicMute...default keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+Alt but can define. 

Hope this helps,
Stuart
STUART!!  Hey, long time.

So, I'm still rocking W10 but tried those other things, to no avail.  But, I'm thinking of just waiting till W11.

Thanks!
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
sorry those didn't work out.
I did the free update to Win11 on my laptop but not allowed to do it for work-provided office/home workstations.
I have my laptop to test today and I see that the mobility center was for muting the speaker not the mic. Sorry.
There is some driver conflict messing up my mic, so I can't test 'WAk

Any reason you think that MicMute didn't work?  I needed a way to separately/easily control volume on headphones and speakers, so I downloaded the tray utility AudioSwitch. Free and does the trick I need. I see that it allows shortcuts as well for toggling Mic muting. Maybe another thing to try.

https://www.howto-connect.com/top-best-a...indows-10/

Quote:4] AudioSwitch v2.2.2
AudioSwitch v2.2.2 is one of the top and best Audio Switcher for Windows 10 and it is absolutely free. The program offers a quicker way to install without even rendering a compatibility issue and advanced settings. No additional tool or driver is required for having AudioSwitch v2.2.2 in Windows 10.

After starting the program, AudioSwitch v2.2.2 will put an icon in the SysTray clicking which will show a compact menu. The application will detect all the connected audio devices automatically and will display on the appearing menu from where you have to just click one to select. Furthermore, you can change the volume settings of a selected device using the slider from this in app menu. Other inclusive features are –

Provides an accessible configuration panel in the System Tray.
Offers a wide range of options including on-screen volume slider.
You can enable multiple hotkey combinations in order to switch between devices.
Let the user control the volume change, mute sound, and accomplish other tasks using the shortcut key combinations.
Download AudioSwitch v2.2.2

Best, S
What about using the tool from Nirsoft and command line?
SoundVolumeView.exe /Mute "Microphone"

https://www.nirsoft.net/articles/mute_mi..._line.html
pi
Ken download and install Microsoft PowerToys .

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/releases

Use Video Conference Mute. Has keyboard shortcuts to mute mic or camera separately or both at same time. Works great
looked into this more.
Try this
Function MuteUnmuteMic
Trigger SW1     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
def APPCOMMAND_MICROPHONE_VOLUME_MUTE 0x180000
int h=GetForegroundWindow()
SendMessageW(h WM_APPCOMMAND 0 APPCOMMAND_MICROPHONE_VOLUME_MUTE)
 or QM 2 c# version
assign to whatever keyboard trigger you like
Macro MuteUnmuteMicC#
Code:
Copy      Help
str code=
;using System;
;using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
;using System.Reflection;
;namespace MicMute
;{
;;class Program
;;{
;;;;private const int WM_APPCOMMAND = 0x319;
;;;;private const int APPCOMMAND_MICROPHONE_VOLUME_MUTE = 0x180000;
;;;;[DllImport("user32.dll", SetLastError = false)]
;;;;public static extern IntPtr GetForegroundWindow();
;;;;[DllImport("user32.dll", SetLastError = false)]
;;;;public static extern IntPtr SendMessageW(IntPtr hWnd,int Msg,IntPtr wParam,IntPtr lParam);
;;;;static void Main(string[] args)
;;;;{
;;;;;;try
;;;;;;{
;;;;;;;;IntPtr h = GetForegroundWindow();
;;;;;;;;SendMessageW(h,WM_APPCOMMAND,IntPtr.Zero,(IntPtr)APPCOMMAND_MICROPHONE_VOLUME_MUTE);
;;;;;;}
;;;;;;catch (Exception)
;;;;;;{
;;;;;;}
;;;;}
;;}
;}

CsExec(code)
cool!
S