Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Mouse Cursor
Hi,

How do you change mouse cursors and/or mouse cursor sets, and can this be done from within QuickMacros.

Basically, we're using QM to handle all kinds of things for a computer that is rigged for presentation, including changing graphics card resolution, zooming in etc. However, the zoom function in the graphic card has a bug that the mouse cursor doesn't change size (so if you're zoomed in 8x, the mouse cursor is tiny by comparison). We can't change the driver because the card will stop working with the software we're presenting, so we have to find a way to easily change the mouse cursor size.

Any help would be appreciated, or a simple yes/no on whether it can be done. Otherwise, I guess we'll have to write a .net windows application that can receive events from QM to do it, but I would rather avoid it.

The main thing we need to be able to switch larger is the regular mouse pointer (all others are not important). Windows Mouse control panel has several sets, so I was wondering if it would be possible to switch mouse sets from QM, as this would otherwise be the easiest.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Per
This macro changes arrow cursor.

Code:
Copy      Help
dll user32 #LoadCursorFromFile $lpFileName
dll user32 #SetSystemCursor hcur id
def OCR_NORMAL       32512
def SPI_SETCURSORS   87

;set custom arrow cursor
int hcur=LoadCursorFromFile("C:\WINDOWS\Cursors\arrow_rl.cur")
if(!hcur) ret ;;file not found
SetSystemCursor(hcur OCR_NORMAL)
;wait 10 s
;restore system cursors
SystemParametersInfo SPI_SETCURSORS 0 0 0