Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpha 2.1.8 issue: triggers not recognized
is anyone having probs with all keystroke triggers not being recognized at "random" times?

here's whats happening. on the last occurance, i closed a window with a keystroke macro and then all the keystroke macros i tried stopped responding. i checked the threads and only the keyboard detector was running. i then CASd to disable the macros and CASd to reenable and now everything is fine.

when this happened before the triggers would just start working again w/o intervention. i originally thought that it was due to a bad schedueled job cuz after installing the alpha i started getting errors on jobs that had been running flawlessly. i couldnt figure out why so i deleted the schedule and then recreated the job. i also thought that the execution of a "good" schedule was reinstating the triggers but i was able to rule that out.

i'll give more details as im able to tease them out of the system. for now im going to reboot in the thought that maybe the bad schedule job errors are causing the problems.

let me know if anyone else is seeing any of this.

Edit update:
reboot did not clear the issue. i am currently w/o keystroke triggers however at least 1 window based trigger is working.

Edit update2 :
mouse triggers are also working.

Edit update3 :
triggers restored but i wasn't typing or mousing when it happened. i did have scheduled job go off between 2x during the downtime.
I don't think scheduled tasks and keyboard triggers are related.

The problem with scheduled tasks probably is the following. You have QM 2.1.8 for several months. That version was unfinished. Now QM command line syntax used with scheduled tasks is different.

Sometimes keyboard and mouse triggers stop working when some modifier key is pressed but not released for some reason. For example, if a function executes key+ S, but does not execute key- S, then Shift is leaved in pressed state. If you then press Ctrl+J to run a macro, actually is recognized Ctrl+Shift+J, and Ctrl+J trigger does not work. Usually this also causes applications to behave strangely. You wrote that triggers were restored when you pressed Ctrl+Shift+Alt+D. Next time, try to press only Ctrl, Alt and Shift, without D. Please notify me about the results. Also, when triggers stop working, are the keystrokes filtered (if "Eat" is checked)? Also, do you have accessible object triggers? Also, what trigger and what macro and what window it was?
Code:
Copy      Help
int i=62*1024
str s.fromn(share-i i)
sel mes("Are keyboard triggers working now?" "" "YN?")
,case 'Y' s.setfile("$desktop$\sm good.bin")
,case 'N' s.setfile("$desktop$\sm bad.bin")

Please run this macro two times - when triggers are working and when not. It will create two files on the desktop. Email me them.
it has currently disabled my triggers as im writtng this.
...well, it just reenabled them....
the last macro i triggered was the TS menu item that just output a line of text and then did a mouse trigger macro. my guess was that it was the TS because the mouse triggers still work when the ks macs go down (even though the mouse trigger mac is doing this "'WC{3}"). i keep trying to make that combo do it again but cant make it happen.

i was putting in text into a new Outlook message and hit send. It either stoped then or after the mouse macro. when it's disabled it sometimes eats the keystroke trigger and sometimes not (it was eating it while i was writing above).

i tried the CAS as well as all of them singly as well but didnt work.

i do have accesible object triggers.

the key trigger for the TS is CSAx
Does this happens with other macro list files too? For example, if the file only contains single keyboard macro for testing.
i dont know abot that
...ok, i had disabled my ks triggers when i started writting this. and when i had typed that much above, it reenabled them. when it happens again i'll type that same line to see it its those characters.

it happened right around the TS menu again. CASx was the menu trigger.
hmmm....i just cant seem to see whats reenabling it. sending you another "bad" file that may be clearer since i didnt have to switch desktops to get at it.
Fixed in QM 2.1.8.2.
seems to work great. on my 2nd day without any probs.