Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantages of QM over AutoIt
A few minutes ago I have registered in QM forum. Answer for the title question, please.

J23
I don't use AutoIt, and therefore cannot answer. I tried it maybe 1 or 2 years ago. What is good, it is quite powerful and free (sorry if I don't remember more). What I didn't like, it didn't have an user interface. It was too difficult to use even for me. Of course I would learn it, but why when I have QM.
Thanks for sincere answer. My additional questions: What you especially like in your software, in Quick Macro ? What is the most surprising usage of QM ?

Jan23
I like that QM does not have limitations that are common to other macro programs. As programmer, in macros I can do most of things that I can do with C++, but easier. Functions, classes, COM, type libraries, dll functions, user-defined types, etc, all is so similar to my favourite programming language C++. Other thing I like - I can attach toolbars to windows of other applications. This way, I don't have to remember all triggers. Also, I like that the code is coloured, and that I can select functions etc from popups. I like QM's recording feature. Also, I can capture and interact with controls and web page elements without keyboard/mouse. Also, I can easily create dialogs in the Dialog Editor. I like QM's set of string manipulation functions, including regular expressions. I like all those trigger types. And especially I like that I can QUICKLY create a macro when I need to automate something.

BTW, why "Quick Macro"? It is other program. Here is "Quick MacrosSSS".
Thank you very much for exhaustive answer. Now I know that QM is very interesting software. Today I will send the payment.

I will remember: QUICK MACROS(SSS) of course !

J23