Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End Macro w/ a text sensitive menu
I havn't been able to figure out how to get the text menu's to "tie" into the main macro.

I have a macro w/ an infinite loop. I'd like to be able to just type a char sequence and disable (break) the loop.

I've created a folder with the main macro and then clicked on the macro and clicked New/New T.S Menu and added:

ff :ret

I also tried

ff: break

I even tied simple output just to see if it was hitting the menu:

ff: "hello world"

It doesn't seem to work. How do I relate the TS menu to the main macro? Is there a way to just end a macro with a hot key without a text sensitive menu? I couldn't find much searching through the help docs.
Macro and TS menu run as two programs and know nothing about each other.

Here is simple method (F12 breaks loop):

Code:
Copy      Help
rep
,ifk(F12) break
, ...

If you want to use TS menu, they (macro and TS menu) can communicate through global variable:

Code:
Copy      Help
int+ breakloop=0
rep
,if(breakloop) break
, ...

Above is code for macro, below is TS menu item:

Code:
Copy      Help
ff :int+ breakloop=1
I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've crated a test folder with the following 2 files:

Test Menu:
Code:
Copy      Help
done :int+ finished=1

Test Macro:
Code:
Copy      Help
spe 2000
run "notepad"
5 "Notepad"

int+ delay = 3
int+ finished = 0

rep
    if(finished) break
    outp "Finished ''%i'' []" finished
    wait(delay)

No matter what I type, it always repeats:

Finished 0

I've tried typing edone, done, etc. and it just keeps repeating. I know I'm missing a step here but I'm not sure where Sad
Perhaps TS menu doesn't have trigger? Whole string that you must type to launch menu item consists of trigger and item label. Assign trigger, for example, hot-key d, and uncheck "Eat". Then TS menu item would be

Code:
Copy      Help
one :int+ finished=1